Installing springs this weekend

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Well I'm gonna be installing my Steeda sports springs and strut tower brace bar this weekend. I am pretty excited so I thought I would share. Don't say anything that might upset me. Especially you Dave!!:bash:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Springs & Brace

For the springs, I would try to get my hands on a spring compressor to make the work easy. You can do the work without one though.

For the brace, do it the right way by placing nuts on the ends of the mounting bolts. This is definitely more work, but I believe it's worth it. You'll also want to do the brace work while the front wheels are off.

And if you don't have a lot of drilling experience, be extremely cautious when drilling through the fender walls. They are pretty thick, and if your drill seizes up on you while you have all your body weight on it, then you are going for a ride and probably a broken or twisted wrist. You'll need a serious drill bit and some WD-40. Be patient when drilling these holes and remember to let up on the drill as it comes close to breaking through.

Last edited:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
What's a drill bit?:-D I just used my needledick to punch thru.:shrug: Everything went well and did not have to use the spring compressor. And the tower brace is bolted in. The instruction say to drill 3/8" hole but the bolts are 5/16", so that is the drill bit that we used. Everthing turned out perfect.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread