installing UPR fuel rails

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
what a pain in the a$$. After I cut the bolts that were in the way now my coolant crossover pipe is in the way. I think I'm just going to have to get 90* pipe adaptors to get around it. It's just one thing after another. Not to mention it looks like it's going to be a pain to tighten down the fuel rail bolts.

Last edited:

dilireus

Established Member
I just installed those a few weeks ago. Same issues, except I didn't have a problem with the coolant crossover tube. Maybe the tube on the 97 is different than on the 98? And yes, tightening the bolts that fasten the fuel rails to the intake is a pain in the a$$. I did it from the top with an open end wrench, turning it 1/4 turn at a time. Took about an hour to just to tighten all four bolts. It was really hard getting two of them to thread because you just can't get any torque on the bolts with your fingers due to the angle and all the crap that's in the way.

allgo90

Established Member
he has a vortech so the coolant tube is different. what inj. are you going with?

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
ok, if I have no leaks by priming the system and just letting the pumps run normally is there a chance that I will have leaking under higher pressure say when at WoT?

Users who are viewing this thread