Insurance Costs

Blue Magic

Established Member
Wondering what insurance is on new 05-06 GT Mustangs :rollseyes ? When I got quotes from different companies, on my GT before, Some were crazy high, others said "We'll just list it as a subcompact".Just wondering what they're charging for the "New" Mustang.

Blue Magic

Established Member
I just got my renewal in the mail-$ 515 for 6 months, I looked up what a 06 Mustang GT would cost, and it is FIVE DOLLARS a month more!!Figure that one out! Looks like the SVTF is going to the selling block!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'm 26 and I pay $158/month through State Auto (not State Farm). The "symbol" of the Mustang GT is a 19. THIS is what insurance companies use to determine cost, of course among other things; but the symbol is one of the largest factors. I have the Active Anti-Theft and that helped $5/month. I have a $1,000 deductible.

When I first signed the car up, the VIN didn't pick up the Active Anti-Theft and it was $163/month. Luckily for me, I used to date my insurance agent and we're still on very good terms and she asked me a couple weeks ago if I had the Active Anti-Theft because she thought she remembered me mentioning that I have it but it didn't show up. So she put it on there and whoolah... helped $5/month.

Also FWIW, my insurance DROPPED $5/month going to the Mustang GT from a 2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (NOT A WRX!!). The symbol on the Subie was a 20, and I paid $168/month.
Just another comparison, my buddy just traded in an 03 SRT-4 for an 06 Mustang GT and his insurance dropped too. The symbol on the SRT-4 is a 21.

The S197 Mustangs have a strong structure and great crash ratings. They are easy to repair in body shops.

Last edited:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I went the easy route. I had my fiancee put the car and my beater on a sepaerate policy under her name and the stang is only going to be 92 a month due to her driving record and good student discounts lol.

Joe

Black06GT

Established Member
I have an 06 GT. I am 33, married with a kid and I pay 70 bucks a month for full coverage. I am in central florida if that means anything.

Zalec

Established Member
DMassey said:
I'm 26 and I pay $158/month through State Auto (not State Farm). The "symbol" of the Mustang GT is a 19. THIS is what insurance companies use to determine cost, of course among other things; but the symbol is one of the largest factors. I have the Active Anti-Theft and that helped $5/month. I have a $1,000 deductible.

When I first signed the car up, the VIN didn't pick up the Active Anti-Theft and it was $163/month. Luckily for me, I used to date my insurance agent and we're still on very good terms and she asked me a couple weeks ago if I had the Active Anti-Theft because she thought she remembered me mentioning that I have it but it didn't show up. So she put it on there and whoolah... helped $5/month.

Also FWIW, my insurance DROPPED $5/month going to the Mustang GT from a 2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (NOT A WRX!!). The symbol on the Subie was a 20, and I paid $168/month.
Just another comparison, my buddy just traded in an 03 SRT-4 for an 06 Mustang GT and his insurance dropped too. The symbol on the SRT-4 is a 21.

The S197 Mustangs have a strong structure and great crash ratings. They are easy to repair in body shops.

link to cars insurance symbol? theres a few i want to look up

Users who are viewing this thread