Insurance for Your GT500 as Non Daily Driver

rrg

Established Member
Who is obtaining good insurance rates for their GT50, that is not a daily driver, and is perhaps part of a collection of other classic cars? Grundy/Philadelphia dropped us with three classic cars (including our 2014 GT 500) as they changed their underwriting rules to require that they also must insure an additional vehicle as your daily driver as a condition precedent to issuing a policy that includes the three classic cars.

Sparko

Established Member
I have 2 cars insured through Leyland West in Fresno California my 2013 Shelby Vert and a 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo. Both car are limited mileage ( under 5K per year ), both are garaged and both are not used as daily drivers. You need to prove with a copy of the registration that you have a daily driver. They require pictures of the car as well as where the cars are garaged ( with Photos ). I have full coverage to the max limits. I live in NJ which has one of the highest insurance rates in the US ( my driving record is clean )...I pay $ 1,600 for BOTH cars . Leyland West are good people to work with and I have used them for my Porsche since 2001.

rrg

Established Member
I have 2 cars insured through Leyland West in Fresno California my 2013 Shelby Vert and a 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo. Both car are limited mileage ( under 5K per year ), both are garaged and both are not used as daily drivers. You need to prove with a copy of the registration that you have a daily driver. They require pictures of the car as well as where the cars are garaged ( with Photos ). I have full coverage to the max limits. I live in NJ which has one of the highest insurance rates in the US ( my driving record is clean )...I pay $ 1,600 for BOTH cars . Leyland West are good people to work with and I have used them for my Porsche since 2001.
Thanks for the info......we are currently looking into Hagerty for our limited use vehicles. We have 3 other vehicles that are daily drivers.

rwboring

Established Member
Thanks for the info......we are currently looking into Hagerty for our limited use vehicles. We have 3 other vehicles that are daily drivers.

progressive is by far the cheapest ive seen that will do old cars and actually let you drive them... I don't have that high of coverage and Indiana is cheap but I pay under $1100 a year for 3 cars and if i recall my 1965 is a $20,000 stated (not agreed, which is some of the problem)

C0bra99

Established Member
I got collector car insurance $571 a year $75000 guaranteed value. 8K mileage limit. Only thing is it can't have nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread