Insurance Help

Adower

Established Member
@Adower how did you make out?
Still in the process. So far they're playing the "game" with me. I found a few comps that were similar in miles but were a lower trim model (but priced 4-5K higher than what they're offering me). I have a "limited" and showed them some "eddie bauer" since I couldn't find any local. However, they said it has to be the same trim.

So I went and found a few comps that were "limited" trim but they were "too far away".

I've hired an independent appraiser who is going to go out to see the vehicle tomorrow and provide a report of the value.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
They wont consider the appraised value unless you invoke the appraisal clause. Thats when the insurance company hires a third party appraiser and you hire your own. Then a 3rd party umpire makes the value decision based on those 2 estimates. When you're less than $5K apart in value, it never works out in your favor since you have to pay your own appraiser and the umpire.

The comps they originally sent you were local but the wrong trim? Remind them of the rarity of your Excursion and how desirable it is, especially now, so they need to adjust their thinking. Its not a Toyota Camry where hundreds of them sell around you every month. They need to expand their search radius especially when you show them similar values several states apart.

I just went thru this with a customers 1997 F350. They offered $10K and we eventually got them up to $19K. By the way it had 240K miles haha.

Did you show them completed eBay auctions?

Adower

Established Member
Just wanted to update everyone. The independent appraiser ended up getting me $30K for my vehicle. Not bad to spend 300$ for an appraiser and get $6K more.

I could have kept fighting for a higher value but then we would have to go to arbitration and the appraiser said it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread