Insurance Rates

love bandit2

Established Member
I'm looking for a car to get me from point A to point B, and I figure a SHO would be a fun way to do that. The thing is, I don't have much to spend on insurance. Does the insurance company take into account that it is a SHO and not just a regular Taurus? I'd probly be lookin for an 89 SHO, but if it costs near as much as the Mustang to insure, I'd be goin with a Geo Metro. I'd be gettin' only whats legally required in Illinois (Liability for other peoples property).

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
I guess it depends on the insurance company. I'm with State Farm and they list it as a Taurus. But I've heard others that use companies that charge the same as Mustangs.

I pay $40 a month for my 91' Sho and $45 for the 94'. Of course I'm an old bastard at 30yoa and a spotless driving record, and of course multiple car bonuses.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Thats odd. My State Farm agent classifies mine as a SHO. A tad bit more than a Taurus. Maybe it varies from state to state?? When I had my Gen II and was 19 I paid 187 a month, with like 1 ticket & 1 accident. Then it went down to like 130 a month at 21 y/o. Now, my Gen I that I have with just liability cost me 55 a month. I can't wait to turn 25.........

blast7

Established Member
I'm 20 and I pay $842/year. My insurance company sees it as a SHO and not a Taurus. I have a clean driving record and live in Rochester, New York.

Users who are viewing this thread