intake mod..

Taunto

Established Member
my airraid intake has the exact some type of box made for it.. got a rubber seal along the top that seals to the hood...works great

Robert Francis

Established Member
I saw this article years ago and I've made a couple for myself over the years. But I also cut a couple of 3 inch holes on the bottom and ran duct work out to below the front facia so my 12 inch S & B filter breathes not only from the hole in the fender, but the two 3 inch hoses from the outside under my front front facia.

I ran 1/2 inch foam pipe insulation over the top of the box to seal against the hood. I also put a 1/4 threaded rod through near the end by the MAF and one near the fender end with nuts on the inside and outside to keep the plastic sides of the box from collapsing upon the filter. I also put silver tape on the outside of the box in an attempt to "insulate" it a bit from the surrounding heat.

I think overall the box looks ok and was a little project worth doing. It doesn't look as professional as a "JLP" box, for example, but the box itself only cost about $5 and accomplishes the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread