intake plenum question

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
does water flow thru any of the tubes on the upper intake plenum of a 2000 gt? i got coolant pouring from somewhere behind the altenator. looks like its coming from underneath the first runner on the intake plenum.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
WHITE2000GT said:
it is, took it off earlier and checked it. gotta order one tonight.

that sucks man, sorry to hear. Shop around, you can find them on the cheap.

WHITE2000GT

Established Member

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
yah after 2001 they ford finally got a clue and made the crossovers in aluminum. Check out mustangtuning as well. There were some other places too, I just can't remember it right now.

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
WTF said:
yah after 2001 they ford finally got a clue and made the crossovers in aluminum. Check out mustangtuning as well. There were some other places too, I just can't remember it right now.

mustangtuning.com has it for $193.00

think of any other places let me know.

jegs...199.00

Last edited:

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
yep, cracked intake =( Just got done getting ours changed b/c of the crack acouple months ago

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
this suck guys, it gave me no warning at all. it just started pouring coolant. well i took it off and put some two part epoxy on it temporarily till i get a new one in. well i put it back together this morning and started it up. worked great. well i thought i would take it for a test drive, seeing how i cleaned the upper plenum while it was off, to see if it made a difference. i felt it ran better with it clean. got back home and notice steam comming from my hood, guess what....the epoxy didnt work. oh well nice try.

on the mustangtuning site, will they ship ups/next day air for free? or is that just free ground shipping?

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
WHITE2000GT said:
this suck guys, it gave me no warning at all. it just started pouring coolant. well i took it off and put some two part epoxy on it temporarily till i get a new one in. well i put it back together this morning and started it up. worked great. well i thought i would take it for a test drive, seeing how i cleaned the upper plenum while it was off, to see if it made a difference. i felt it ran better with it clean. got back home and notice steam comming from my hood, guess what....the epoxy didnt work. oh well nice try.

on the mustangtuning site, will they ship ups/next day air for free? or is that just free ground shipping?
If yo uhave to drive it carry around extra coolant in your trunk since you never know when it may leak badly. Mine split in half on the main intersection while i was trying to upshift for speed (damn 4.6 gt and there high revs) . It spit all the coolant out on the road and on the fabric top side of the underhood plus the alternator, so make sure your cellphone is charged hehe.

Last edited:

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
well i decided to find the leak and try to repair it once more. i found were it was leaking and put some more 2 part epoxy on it. i did and after it dried i put some silicone sealer on top of the epoxy. i dont want this thing to leak. well i let it dry for about 5 hours and went out to try it. it worked. i let the car sit running for 10 min. or so to let pressure build up. i then reved it to around 4 grand maybe 5 or 6 times and the epoxy never failed. im gonna drive it to work in the morning maybe it wont let me down.

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
Daz97Roush said:
time for a bullit intake! heh..

i was thinkin about it, but its just too much trouble. gotta change out valve covers and all kinda other stuff. i just ordered the stock one from mustangtuning.com. and i also ordered a jlt cold air kit as a present to myself for fixing the car by myself.

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
gotta question guys, since i put my intake back on and clean the upper intake from all the gunk build up, i noticed it idles at like 1,050 rpm...what could cause this? maybe my the idle screw on tb needs adjustment?

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
WHITE2000GT said:
gotta question guys, since i put my intake back on and clean the upper intake from all the gunk build up, i noticed it idles at like 1,050 rpm...what could cause this? maybe my the idle screw on tb needs adjustment?

Make sure your TB linkage is clean and the blade isn't sticking. Also, unplug your battery for a half n' hour and let your computer relearn (give it a few cycles).

Edit: oh and if none of these work, re-seat your TPS sensor and unplug your battery again to restart the learning process.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread