"Intake spacer" worth 7HP?

ZXnVS

Established Member
Browsing MustangWeekly's new parts section, they show an "intake spacer" from Steeda they claim is worth 4HP on NA engines and 7HP with a supercharger.

Now I'm an electrical engineer, not mechanical, but this makes absolutely no sense to me. Is this blatant advertising B.S., or would something like this really work? Why?

P.S. For those of you debating which CAI to buy, there's another option to consider. Steeda has theirs available now, too.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by 2K1_SVT
two words....."Marketing Ploy" ......nothing more.

:read:

Not true. This is just about the same thing as a phenolic spacer for the 5.0's. They make a bit of power on N/A cars, but can be rewarding on forced induction cars.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Depending on cost it may be worth looking into. if it has a decent sized price tag to it, it isn't worth it unless it has been repetitively tested.

Trader

Established Member
I had a spacer for my GTP. It was about 1/2" of plastic and acted as a buffer between the s/c and the TB so you would not get the tb as hot from conduction. I never really noticed any gains.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
I doubt it is worth 7HP. However some benefit should be gained from isolating the hot lower intake manifold from passing heat farther up the intake track. And I guess the spacer does increase the intake runner length... But I think there are better mods to spend your money on.

-norcal_cobra

Users who are viewing this thread