Intake Spacer

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
How hard of an install is an intake spacer? Could I do it myself with a couple tools? I want one, but I don't want to have to pay to get it installed.

thanks

04torchred

Established Member
SB Lightning said:
How hard of an install is an intake spacer? Could I do it myself with a couple tools? I want one, but I don't want to have to pay to get it installed.

thanks

From what I have seen(haven't installed one) you just need to remove the upper plenum portion of the manifold. You should have no problems doing this by yourself.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i did mine. it is fairly straight foward. i dont do a lot of car stuff, change my oil and air filter nothing more.

really the hardest thing about it is putting the egr tube back on. the egr tube is very stiff and needs to be raise a little to line back up. mine did not go on straight ended up stripping the threads.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Too bad I can't make a 'coastal trip'. I used to live in Lompoc, BTW.

My wife did it virtually by herself in about 30 minutes. I only helped to initially loosen the bolts and to re-align the EGR adn on d bit pointed out, it can be a pain.

IZZY

Established Member
SB Lightning said:
So it should be pretty easy minus the EGR tube being a PITA?

As was mentioned, with the exception of the EGR :cuss: , it isn't a bad install at all. A second pair of hands & a pry bar would be helpful with the EGR.

mach_u

Established Member
Mine was very straight forward. I just ground down the corner of the egr that was being a problem. Simple hand tools are all you need

IZZY

Established Member
mach_u said:
Mine was very straight forward. I just ground down the corner of the egr that was being a problem. Simple hand tools are all you need

Ground down the corner of the EGR....I believe that you are the first person to do so, mach_u. Good thinking. :thumbsup: How much material did you take off & which corner if you recall? No problems with a leak-free fit, I would imagine?

mach_u

Established Member
IZZY said:
Ground down the corner of the EGR....I believe that you are the first person to do so, mach_u. Good thinking. :thumbsup: How much material did you take off & which corner if you recall? No problems with a leak-free fit, I would imagine?
Well I realized it was thick enough and honestly I didn't have to take a whole lot off of it and it is indeed a very leak-free fit.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Is there performance gains to be had with this mod or is it just for looks?

Never mind- just read Izzy's post. Looks like a pretty good deal for just 90 bucks!!!- the torque gain was REALLY impressive!!! :banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread