Intake Temps

faster1

Established Member
On my 02 GT pushing my KB 2.1 to the limit at 17K rpm on a 6K crank rev limiter building 16# boost with a Snows meth injection. Fully forged internals at 9-1 compression, good heads, cams, long tube and full 3" exhaust put down 464 hp/446 tq first tune and 511 hp/508 tq second tune.
On a 70-80 degree day my intake temps climb into the 130's-low 140's very very fast, running the stock intercooler/heat exchanger with a 25% antifreeze mix before the Meth pump starts. Tried pure distilled water with water wetter and lowered temps 10-15 degrees. Bought two 7" fans and will build a shroud for the intercooler as my next attempt to drop the intake temp.

What are others running for intake temps?

I know, I know I need a bigger blower!

Mikey

GodStang

Established Member
Where are you spraying Meth at. Most people get it wrong on a TS. That could be one issue. Also many people have increased heat with added fans so make sure you plan correctly. For the guys running big boost and really spinning the blowers hard the best at cooling I have seen is bigger HE, bigger intercooler, and bigger trunk tank. The guys running 5-7 gallon trunk tanks do phenomenal in cooling. Also running a bigger blower at lower speeds does help greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread