intake/tune e85 '15 5.0 vs '99 Cammed e85 Bolton Firehawk

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Does Firehawk have stock 3.42 gears? Seems to be the case by long how he held each gear

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Yeah 3.42's

3.90 would really wake that thing up. Years ago I had stock gears with a huge cam and it was annoying. Gears put into the power band so much quicker and with torque multiplication, made the low end feel come back and then some while still screaming up top.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the gears, but with that said, I understand that the t/a is a 116-117 car as is. That is VERY impressive for the 5.bucket, looks like he is basically trapping 116. Looks like the double quarter pounder with cheese is sorting out his car well.

Nice! Good runs. (Hate go-pro footage from the outside with all the wind noise)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That sounds about right for his mods, so how is that "VERY impressive"? You love trolling anyone with a 5.0, don't you?

Huh? :dw:

Let me rewind thay for you...

I said that it is impressive (to me) that with only a CAI and e85 the 5.0 would be a 116, maybe even 117 car (especially if you knew the owner, he is not what you call a slim jim). Not sure where you got the trolling from... Lol. I said that because it usually takes exhaust work/deletion of the very restrictive cats, in order to put up a trap like that...

Troponin

Established Member
Huh? :dw:

Let me rewind thay for you...

I said that it is impressive (to me) that with only a CAI and e85 the 5.0 would be a 116, maybe even 117 car (especially if you knew the owner, he is not what you call a slim jim). Not sure where you got the trolling from... Lol. I said that because it usually takes exhaust work/deletion of the very restrictive cats, in order to put up a trap like that...

Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. The last couple posts you made, as well as two other folks, have been downing the 5.0, so I assumed this was another shot. My apologies.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. The last couple posts you made, as well as two other folks, have been downing the 5.0, so I assumed this was another shot. My apologies.

It would appear so, please dont take me too seriously, this is just a form of entertainment... I like ALL cars equally but it is just too fun to mess with the "opposition"' from time to time...

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
That sounds about right for his mods, so how is that "VERY impressive"? You love trolling anyone with a 5.0, don't you?

You do know the s550 is heavier than the 11-14 coyotes right? And no, these cars are trapping 117+ with intake, full exhaust and 435-440whp.. I only make 422whp and heavier than previous 5.0s

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You do know the s550 is heavier than the 11-14 coyotes right? And no, these cars are trapping 117+ with intake, full exhaust and 435-440whp.. I only make 422whp and heavier than previous 5.0s

Wow.. Wow.. Wow... Calm down lunchbox... No need to start throwing flying elbows up in here... Lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Only lunch box I see is that cowmaro I see on your signature brahhh.. Man I've missed being on svtp... :pop:

The "lunchbox" shape of my camaro is intended that way so that its girth makes it akward/painfull when it goes up your 5.ass. ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread