Intercooled kenne bell 2.1 96-98 cobra

Harry_SVT98

Established Member
I got a kenne bell 2.1l supercharger for my 1998 Cobra and i was wondering how I would go about intercooling it, i asked someone from kenne bell and they said that there is no intercooler kit for this supercharger kit i was wondering what i would need to put one on myself.

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
How about this!
Of course thats a Lightning blower on top of an intercooler

Attachments

• cobra1017.jpg
    cobra1017.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 434
  • newcobra002.jpg
    newcobra002.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 394

cbrown9064

Established Member
No, no, no... No intercooler available, unless you make one yourself out of phenolic (only done by 1 person, 1 time). The "B" heads on the 96-98 do not allow for an intercooler. You would have to swap to "C" heads to get an intercooler. Just do a centri or turbo and intercool that.

DeltaElite121

Established Member
I actually called them to get an explanation on this the other day and essentially the reason at this point is "We just didn't make one for the kit and at this point there's no point working backwards on older technology". They were implying that the cost to do that would most likely outweigh the sales that would cover it (and also make it worth doing from a business standpoint). I wish it were an option, but it makes sense why they've chosen not to.

Users who are viewing this thread