Intercooler Pump

dhoyle24

Established Member
I'm looking for some recommendations on what intercooler pump to purchase for my 2011 Shelby. I'm currently at 950+ rwhp, so I need to upgrade my intercooler pump from the stock one. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Dustin

Speedboosted

Established Member
Forcing the coolant to flow too quickly will have an adverse affect on cooling. It won't allow for the coolant to stay in the places its meant to cool in (heat exchanger and tanks) long enough to cool down to optimal temps...

Having said that, the 13/14 GT500 pump flows more GPM than the pre '13. However I would stay with your current one, or a new one of the same version because they burn out fairly often

dhoyle24

Established Member
Forcing the coolant to flow too quickly will have an adverse affect on cooling. It won't allow for the coolant to stay in the places its meant to cool in (heat exchanger and tanks) long enough to cool down to optimal temps...

Having said that, the 13/14 GT500 pump flows more GPM than the pre '13. However I would stay with your current one, or a new one of the same version because they burn out fairly often

I have a built motor, which is why I'm thinking I need to go bigger. Do you think the stock one is still adequate?

Speedboosted

Established Member
I have a built motor, which is why I'm thinking I need to go bigger. Do you think the stock one is still adequate?

I personally don't think it matters what kind of motor you have. The point of the system is to reduce heat which is built up through boost. How much boost are you running and what blower? Joel (blackmax) knows more about this than I do, but I would just buy a new oem pump for your same model year. Do you have a trunk mounted ice tank or something along those lines? If so, get a higher capacity pump. If it's the normal IC, tank, HE then I would stck with the normal one

Users who are viewing this thread