Intercooler Pump ??

mm49

Established Member
Into the Mods about Knee deep !!:)

I owned an 01 Lightning that I did a simple mod of taping into the PCM output Relay wire for the IC pump, so I could run the pump with enigine off but key on. Really cooled the Intake between rounds at the Strip and helped with truck run more constient.

Now I am doing the same mod to the 03 Cobra. On the Lightning it was Pin#70 white w/ orange stripe wire. On the 03 Cobra there is no wire in Pin 70, Pin 69 has an white w/ orange stripe wire so I taped it and nothing happens to the IC pump. SO it must be a different Pin.

ALL that to say this ! Does anyone have a Diagram of the 03 Cobra PCM connector with the each Pin identified for its corrent function???

Or has anyone successfully found the correct wire/pin # to tap for the IC pump relay ground?

Sorry for the long explanation !! I appreciate the Help. BTW Pin # 46 is the correct wire for the High speed fan switch mod as the earlier Cobras. If anyone is interested.

Thanks,

JL :D

Last edited:

lguerra1

Established Member
The pin you are looking for is pin 82. The wire is WH/OG, like you mentioned. Check pin 82 on the pcm connector and that should be the one you are looking for.

mm49

Established Member
Thanks alot I will try Pin # 82. Have you tapped this wire already or know for sure it is the Output to the IC pump relay?? Just checking to see if anyone has done this mod on the 03 Cobra
yet ?

Thanks Again

JL

lguerra1

Established Member
I have an 03 Mustang Electrical Manual. If you groung that wire when the ignition is in the run position, the pump will run.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Damn, this is the kind of modification that will put hair on your chest..

So... For all the women Cobra owners/drivers out there...

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS MOD :-D

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by lguerra1
I have an 03 Mustang Electrical Manual. If you groung that wire when the ignition is in the run position, the pump will run.

Where did you get it? Or more importantly, do you know where I could get one and at what it would cost?

Last I checked, Helm doesn't seem to have them.

Thanks in advance,
JT

lguerra1

Established Member
I have the latest copy of the shop manual's and electrical schematics on a DVD. It comes from Helm Publishing for Dealerships. There are 2 DVD's, one for car line, one for truck line.

davideast

Established Member
Does anybody know what pin carries a good ground or return on the PCM connector or do you just ground using the chassis somewhere. Also on the high speed fan, does it require a ground or return to turn it on also. Thanks
Dave in Bama
03yellarvert

Users who are viewing this thread