Intercooler question in regards to hiding it?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I was curious if there was a way to hide it a bit better.

I'm looking at the whipple kit. I've always has really good luck with them and I trust them the most on product quality and fitment.

My question is in regards to hidding or painting the intercooler? I don't want it to be seen or noticiable from the front of the car. Any suggestions? Can you paint them? or would it need to be anodized?

Anyone have suggestions or creative options?

My plans for the car is to go completely with the sleeper look. stock rims are getting widened, and I'm only using the stock gt500 mufflers. No mid pipe, headers, etc. My goals are to have the car completely streetable, and run and drive exactly like stock. Except run low 11's. :rockon:

Josh

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
It's black ready and resides behind the bumper in front of the radiator. You can't see mine at all on roush kit (which shares all but the blower itself).

You Wang pretty much what I have (no widened wheels, havnt decided wha to do there) and yeah, it's a real kick in the ass. Imagine the camaro, and especially vette, owners surprise when I casually walk away from them....

StangLoveR

Established Member
No one will think/know you have a supercharger as a result of the FRPP/whipple install. It's a non-issue my man.

Now, I'm about to finish installing a Revan Racing heat exchanger, with "C&R" stamped on the front - that's a bit of a different story. At the same time, our stock bumpers don't allow for much visibility to the heat exchanger/radiator area (sadly - wouldn't mind more air flow).

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
That's why I'm ordering the 18x10 stock replicas lol. Prob cheaper then having the wheels widened, but that's the exact look I'm going for as well. Except my car is loud lol

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Sorry should have made it more clear. This is more geared towards te c&r heat exchanger. I had one on my Shelby and UT was super obvious which was fine because the car came supercharged. Just curious on the larger after market units.

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread