Intercooler question

Jgruggs

Established Member
Ok, I did a search on Intercooler lids leaking and after reading thru all I still really don't know what to do. I have an aftermarket Intercooler tank with the type lid that sits down inside the tank and makes about a quarter turn and latches. It's the big lid that allows for adding ice to the tank. Anyway it is blowing out thru the lid, it actually pushes out the rubber gasket around the lid, after driving a while. Really doesn't matter if runing her hard or just driving in the heat of the day. Read where some say it is the IC pump going out. I checked with the jumper in the fuse box and it runs. Can see it pumping back into the tank, looking into the tank thru the lid opening. Seems to me it is overpressuring the tank, pushing out the gasket and spraying the engine and coming out the passenger side vent. My question is...do I have a bad pump, not moving enough fluid, causing the fluid to get too hot and overpressuring tank causing blowout?....or do I have a bad lid?...gasket?...tank? Leaning towards a bad pump...If I go that route, which pump is the best to buy. Thanks for any and all replies. Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread