Intercooler/radiatior problem

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Well I've had an interesting weekend. I had my billetflow tb put on Fri. Went to the dyno and got some SICK #'s with it (437rwhp,408rwtq) Before I got on the dyno I noticed that there was some antifreeze on the battery, but we checked all the lines and everything looked good. Made 3 pulls on the dyno, everything good. 1hr drive home car felt great. Sat morning going to get some bfast and punch it in 1st, get long hesitation then see smoke, and can smell burning fluid. Temp gauge pegs H, I uturn and nurse it the 1 mile back to my house. Im going to call Ford roadside and have it towed in, but need to put the stock t/b back on. I didnt watch the install, is there anything I need to watch for.(i have dougs dir which are very detailed) I have no way to check the TPS setting, is that a problem? Hopefully its a hose problem and not something serious. Any idea's on what could cause this, after tb install? Thx
jason

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
what all do you have done BTW... Those are some good numbers...Your radiator resvoir may have barfed...The dohc's are know to do that...My 01 did that a few times after I got her really hot...Have you lost alot of coolant?

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
what all do you have done BTW... Those are some good numbers...Have you lost alot of coolant?

only new mod was t/b (besides the catback and cai). I also had Fordchip.com flash my eec with a tune to clean up the a\f ratio. It was spitting coolant before the flash. I checked the oil and it seems not to have coolant in it. Alot coolant is gone tho....

jason

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
If you saw coolant out the rear of the car then it was most likely a head gasket (even if there is no coolant in the oil). If you see cooland smoke coming out the hood than you probably just have a leak somewhere. Either way, it's not a big deal since you got your baby back home quickly.

Good luck getting it fixed quickly! :)

Users who are viewing this thread