Intercooler Replacement Part #

MoonshineBWI

The Tunaking!
Established Member
Does anyone know the part number/numbers for the replacement intercooler ("recall") that the dealers are supposed to install if yours is leaking. I have managed to get the Ford dealer here to admit that there is a problem but they do not have the most up to date info and don't know what to order! (its a small place - only 35,000 people!). Kinda important as i'm leaving Wednesday morning and want to get the parts ordered before I leave.
Thanks

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
SUBJECT: Owner Notification Program 01B81 - Certain 1999 and 2000 Model Year F150 Lightning Vehicles - Intercooler Replacement

PROGRAM TERMS:
This program will be in effect until September 30, 2002, regardless of mileage.

AFFECTED VEHICLES
Certain 1999 and 2000 model year F150 Lightning vehicles built at the Ontario Truck Assembly Plant from the beginning of production for the 1999 model year through the end of production for the 2000 model year.

REASON FOR PROGRAM
In some of the affected vehicles, the supercharger intercooler may fracture and create an internal coolant leak. If this occurs the vehicle may experience loss of engine performance at full throttle.

Have them look this up and see what the can find.

MoonshineBWI

The Tunaking!
Established Member
Thanks guys - I managed to find the number on NLOC.org after I posted here and have ordered it through the Ford dealer here this morning. So far they're going out of their way for me! (not even an SVT dealer). Hopefully will have it here waiting when I get back from Ibiza on the 15th - leave tomorrow morning!!

Users who are viewing this thread