InterCooler Temperature

TruBlue

Established Member
Does anybody monitor their Intercooler water temperature? If so what does it run normally and how did you set up to monitor it?

Thanks

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You don't typically monitor the fluid temp directly. The more useful reading is the intake air temp after the intercooler.

TruBlue

Established Member
You don't typically monitor the fluid temp directly. The more useful reading is the intake air temp after the intercooler.

Since I just bought this truck what is the best way to monitor the intake air temp? I want to make sure I monitor all the right things before I start doing any mods to it. I already read the FAQS page and am starting to go down that list for mods.

Thanks for the help
John

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
as Sid said, your IAT2's are what you monitor. And they only really count when WOT.

The best street mod to keep the IC fluid cold is a killer chiller. It does hurt the A/C. It's also not needed but i love mine.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Since I just bought this truck what is the best way to monitor the intake air temp? I want to make sure I monitor all the right things before I start doing any mods to it. I already read the FAQS page and am starting to go down that list for mods.

Thanks for the help
John

If you want a gauge you could get an AeroForce Interceptor. Otherwise you could datalog it with an SCT tuner.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The interceptor is a great gauge. It can monitor many things. It saved my motor more than once when my efan went out. Now im back to the stock clutch fan.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1 on IAT2 temps. I know when i'm at the track, i'll cool it down and use a temp gun to see what it's at. Run the 1/4 mile and then check it again. If you want the temps in check, make sure your pump is running 100%, upgrade your intercooler res and upgrade the intercooler lines to 3/4. On a 90 degree day and humid, my intercooler fluid went from 89 degrees to 101 after a full WOT down the track.

Users who are viewing this thread