Interesting factory markings?

Jkay98

Established Member
So I took off my rear bumper off to spray tint my side markers. When I was doing some cleaning on the bumper I noticed some scribed, painted over markings that read "R/S Fender Water Spots".
I am assuming this is from the factory because I see no signs of anything being repaired or removed. I'm the 2nd owner and it only has 13K and the car fax was clean when I bought.
I figured I would share this to see if anyone else has seen anything like this.
Also, I could not see any imperfections in the paint on the RS fender so I assume they took care of it.
IMG_20150913_143817 (1280x960).jpg

Blueline

Established Member
There are some pretty cool "hidden" markings. Here's one the was on my last DSG thought it was pretty cool:
CIMG0007_zps05b3eff2.jpg

CIMG0003_zpse8bf378d.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
My front bumper has a sticker that says TERM BUMPER OXF or something like that.

Jkay98

Established Member
Ive noticed the terminator tags before but I was surprised to see someone actually etched/scribed information on the bumper.
I would be interested to see if any of the factory paper work documents the same information.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
So I took off my rear bumper off to spray tint my side markers. When I was doing some cleaning on the bumper I noticed some scribed, painted over markings that read "R/S Fender Water Spots".
I am assuming this is from the factory because I see no signs of anything being repaired or removed. I'm the 2nd owner and it only has 13K and the car fax was clean when I bought.
I figured I would share this to see if anyone else has seen anything like this.
Also, I could not see any imperfections in the paint on the RS fender so I assume they took care of it.
View attachment 50620

The Cobras got a "SHOW" finish from the Dearborn Factory. You can look at the Buck Tag on the left side core support and see the word "SHOW" stamped in the tag. This consisted of a clearcoated engine compartment and more attention to detail in all areas. Non Cobra Mustang didn't receive this level of finishing. While the "Buck" or body is being inspected prior to final assembly any paint defects are identified and finished by hand. It sounds like your car had some water spots on the right side that needed some light attention. A quick note was made as it was sent down the line.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I have a grease pencil smiley face on the fuel tank cover up next to the exhaust tip on one side. I assume that came from the factory.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Under my hood behind the hood vent there is a number 2512 written in some style of chalk. It was there after the heat blanket was removed wonder what it means since it's a 2004

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
It was probably on display in a museum in the future when the floor gave way to a wormhole which sent it back to 2004. I'll bet my rent money that the museum was in the same place as the dealer you bought it from. :beer:

willis414

Established Member
I have the grease pencil happy face on my fuel tank cover also. It cheers me up when I'm changing broken half shafts.

Last edited:

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
I have a signature from someone under the hood liner along with a date on my 03.

On my 04 there wasn't anything under the hood other than a date, but in the trunk someone signed it?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a grease pencil smiley face on the fuel tank cover up next to the exhaust tip on one side. I assume that came from the factory.
My old Terminator had a similar drawing on my tank cover. It was on the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread