Interesting Night/Gun drawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF EOD

Established Member
I've been back from Iraq for 4 days now. Last night I chose not to go to the bar. A few friends went and came back around 230. As they headed inside my house one of our neighbors struck up a conversation. They started talking and one of my friends recognized his wife (we had her over to our house to strip one night). He then stated that she was previously at our house like discussed, and her "husband' said "No (wink, wink) she wasn't". My friend was too drunk to get the hint, anyway one thing led to another and for reason one of the neighbors friends thought my neighbor was going to get jumped by the two guys talking to him? The friend then sucker punched one of my friends and was pulled off by another only to get punched a couple times and get one clean shot in. After they break it up I hear a bunch of yelling outside my window. I wake up around 315 and run downstairs to see one friend with a fat lip and the with a swolen/black eye. I asked them what happened, they tell me. I walk outside not even dressed to find one of these neighbors to find out there side. While one of my roommates and I are asking a neighbor what happened another neighbor and possible friend of theres come up and just start ranting and raving about how he can settle this shit. He then goes inside and comes back out with a gun. As my roommate and I civily (is that a word) discuss what happened and find out who is going to pay for a contact that was lost and some other shit the "neighbor/friend of theirs" come over and tells us he can clear this shit up and he will start poppin off if he has to. We ignore him (because we are basically scared) and he loads the gun then walks off angrily. I then went inside and called the cops. While I'm waiting for them to come he is yelling and screaming about shooting us and I called all my friends inside. Anyway, cops show up we fill out the report and he is taken off in hand cuffs. He brother/guardian says he been in and out of Juvie since he was 12. Any thoughts on how long this fool will be locked up?

Sorry for the long post. Its wierd how I felt safer in Iraq than I did a few hours ago.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It all depends on what the charges are, how old he is, priors, etc.

I hope for a long time. That is just stupid.

Glad to hear you and your friends did the mature thing.

jshen

Established Member
Depends

On the charges, his age and his record.

jshen

Established Member
Adam, you are quick with the keyboard...

AF EOD

Established Member
18, in and out of Juvy since 12, and I think the cops were saying Aggravated Assault. What would you charge him with? Any estimate on time with the previous details? I know it depends on the judge but whats your guess?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Agg. Assault is a serious charge. I would bet if he has prior violent crimes he could get 5-8 years if convicted.

jshen

Established Member
Code 784.0221

Agg Asslt is a felony third degree...Much different than GA. FL punishment for the act is 1-5, if i read that correctly, and hopefully I did not. See 775.082. In GA it's 1-20, but we have to show much more than FL statute. Again, the facts you outline are not complete enough to answer the question. I would need to know age of offender, prior record, and much more about the facts on this night...So my answer is "depends"

As for safety...it kinda looks like your friends got a wee bit drunk...and drunks do tend to get into trouble more often than non-drunks. Based on all the fights that appeared to go on..I'm surprised the LEOs didn't back in a paddy wagon and fill it up...

We have two large military bases here and I am very reluctant to charge military as we all know what you guys do for us..I would hope you would understand that when you party it up and things get violent, LEOs may have few choices but to act. Good luck :beer:

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
I have no idea what you said in your post other than some guy brandished a gun.

AF EOD

Established Member
Neighbor 1= Guy living 5 houses down who's wife came over and stripped at a party I had at my house
Neighbor 2= 3 houses down (seems to be more of a friend to 1 than 1 let on)
Neighbor 3= Some other guy staying at 1's house that night (sucker Puncher)

Neighbor 1 was talking to us to try and resolve what happened.
Neighbor 2 brandished the gun and threatened us more than once
and 3 took the cheap shot on one of my friends and was pulled off by another. 3 also hit him. 3 started the fight because he felt 1 was being threatened by two of my friends talkig to him (about wife stripping). 3 is a pretty stock guy, but he ran inside immediately after he sucker punched my friends.

The LEOs told us that if it were other deputy's it would be well within the law to take them in for a "rif." I believe that is how he said it. I'm sure you know better than me but he said a minor/small riot. He was very nice to us, he understands our job in the millitary and I told him that I just got back from 7 months in Iraq and I felt safer over there than that moment that 2 had the gun. I understand that what the othere guys did due to there drinking is not right and when I am out drinking with buds I take care of all of them as well as myself. I never drink excessively away from mine or a friends house.

Thank you for all your responses. After a few years number 2 will probably realize his mistake and not be out for revenge correct?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
The 18 year old with the weapon has so many issues. He can never be trusted, so always watch your back around him.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
The 18 year old with the weapon has so many issues. He can never be trusted, so always watch your back around him.

+1 :uh oh:

94_302

Established Member
Was it a handgun? If so what ever happened to being 21 to own one? Also if he has been in and out of juvi how is he able to have one/have access to one. Shouldnt he be charged with possession of a firearm or something, or if it was someone elses shouldnt they be charged for this guy to have such easy access to it? I hate people who abuse the use of a firearm, crazy people like that just make those who are on the border about firearms a little bit more squimish. I would be very careful with someone who has been in and out of juvi and has access to a firearm and is possibly going to spend some time in jail. Hope it all works out ok, thanks for serving.

Pudmunkies

Established Member
The stripping wife still intrigues me lmao. Was the whole situation because the dude DIDNT KNOW his wife stripped? or was he like the pimp and helped set it all up...

AF EOD

Established Member
Pudmunkies said:
The stripping wife still intrigues me lmao. Was the whole situation because the dude DIDNT KNOW his wife stripped? or was he like the pimp and helped set it all up...

The wife and husband had been over to my house before. We had a going away party for one of my friends and invited professional stippers to the house. When the previous mentioned wife showed up she brought a friend. Once the professionals left the two of them offered to strip and we agreed. Husband knew about it and was cool with it.

AF EOD

Established Member
94_302 said:
Was it a handgun? If so what ever happened to being 21 to own one? Also if he has been in and out of juvi how is he able to have one/have access to one. Shouldnt he be charged with possession of a firearm or something, or if it was someone elses shouldnt they be charged for this guy to have such easy access to it? I hate people who abuse the use of a firearm, crazy people like that just make those who are on the border about firearms a little bit more squimish. I would be very careful with someone who has been in and out of juvi and has access to a firearm and is possibly going to spend some time in jail. Hope it all works out ok, thanks for serving.

He was staying with his older brother who was over 21 and swore that he had a trigger lock on all his weapons and he was the only with access to the key. :bs:

Horsed

Established Member
94_302 said:
I hate people who abuse the use of a firearm, crazy people like that just make those who are on the border about firearms a little bit more squimish.

I agree. I just wish it would make people on the border realize why law abiding citizens need more guns... not less.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Flame me if you want, but neighbor's wives stripping for you doesn't always equal a good thing. Its like that old saying don't "crap where you eat". I'm not justifying what went down, but maybe you guys should find some chicks from out of town next time and avoid the whole ugly neighborhood scene.

Or just move. :lol1: Good luck.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Booze
strippers
wives
guns
neighbors
Nothing good could come from that combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread