interesting results: stinger vs 3" mac

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
first off, let me apologize for not having the dynosheet. i had the wrong one printed out before leaving superior and since most of you guys know me, hopefully you won't give me too much grief. ;-)

as you know, i recently went from a 3" mac catback (part #tk3499) to the borla stinger. i dyno'd the car 8/29 w/ the mac and today w/ the stinger. i can't remember the torque differences - i imagine tq went up w/ the stinger since it went from a 3" to a 2.5" system but i don't have the numbers. here are the rwhp numbers:

* lost 6hp off the peak going to the stinger
* gained 12hp over the mac between 2k-4500rpm

of course it's a different day, time, temp, etc. so take it fwiw.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yeah id say the 3" helped a bit on the top end. But 6off the peak is nothing u cant fix......loss some weight on the stomach. Oh im sorry ur not fat or any thing like that :p

J/K but i do think the 3" helps on the top end.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
:lol: i could probably deal w/ losing a few pounds. the guy that got like 45hp or some other ungodly number from the stinger must've had his stock exhaust pipes pinched off or something. adam suggested i check for any leaks. everything seemed pretty tight and i did feel around the connections while idling, but revving the car like he suggests would definitely show them.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:D
Can u smell it? I remember having a leak on the Headers before & that was totally noticeable.

But the sound of the stinger is pretty cool ;-) Now with the ProChamber damn :eek:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
must... not... spend... more... aw screw it. maybe i'll run down to temecula tomorrow and go pick it up. ;-)

:lol: :lol:
Come on Allan.

U have a Daily Driver so u dont really have to worry toooo much..

ahh no more from me. Dont want to be responsible for any thing :p

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
doh, called up mac to get the correct part number but the prochamber apparently doesn't fit the 03 correctly because of the t56 crossmember or some such. :( i guess it's the bassani or magnaflow xpipe instead. :)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Bassani with not Cats ;-) & Mil Eliminators for 260.00 or so to the door.

:D Now that would be loud :eek:
Allan check ur PM. Maybe u can sell him ur Mac Cat Back ?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
YES! got a confirmation from mac that part# pc9900 will fit the 03 cobra and my hookup scored me the last one in stock. prochamber's going on this afternoon baby!!! :D

ps - i know everybody's pretty much set w/ exhaust stuff, but if you're in the market for any mac stuff and are in socal, pm me.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey cool vid. Yeah u need to get it a bit louder :eek:

Mac Was def louder on the rollers but it might be missguiding on a vid u have :shrug:

Prochamber? I thougth ur getting hooked up with the Xpipe?
Hum....damn guess ur taking the title of being the loudest :( :thumbsup:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i think the camera mic takes out alot of the bass - it sounds more "midrangy". the mac was def louder in the low-mid area but then it gets a little quieter up around 5k rpm.

yeah i was gonna get my buddy's x-pipe off his '99 cobra but when i got the confirmation from mac i called him up and cancelled. :( i felt bad so maybe i'll take him out to lunch or something. ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
fo sheezy. :) btw, just got done putting on the prochamber and fired it up. scared the crap outta me - it's f'n LOUD. vid/review to follow...

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i haven't driven it enough to know if i like it or not. the tone definitely got deeper in the low-mid rpm and it has gotten a little raspier. it's hard to explain. anyway, are you going to xmp on saturday? if so, i'll bring it by so you can hear it. :)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
ok, went out for a little ride and now i'm thinking that the car's TOO loud (if there is such a thing). shit. :( maybe it seems worse cuz it's later at night and there isn't much other noise...

Users who are viewing this thread