Interesting rumor

Gumball

Established Member
After my dealer got finished telling me that my build date has been switched again(10/14, then 10/7, now 10/28 WTF), he proceeds to tell me that Ford is bracing for a possible strike at their Windsor, Canada plant. Supposedly this is where some components of the engine are manufactured. I have absolutely zero confirmation of this accept that the owner of the dealer is the one who told me. He did say that if you have a build date it shouldn't affect you. I know how reliable rumors tend to be, but I thought the source was fairly credible. And no, he was not trying to use this as an excuse for the dely in my build date. He mentioned this without any prompting from me.

FYI I ordered my car 04/26, an yes it will probably snow before I drive it home (Can you say flatbed!)

lethal

Established Member
That is my understanding -- the engines were built at the Romeo (spelling?) plant and should all be built. *If* there is a strike and it affects engines, Cobras should not be affected. However, if there is a strike and other components are made by them for Mustangs/Cobras -- that's an issue.

*If*

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
The latest issue of 5.0 has a story about the assembly plant. Cobra motors in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread