Interior LED Lights/RPM/Speedo/Boost/Fuel Colors....

When I get my snake, I want to set it up so every interior light is either Blue or Red (prob Blue). Is there a way to change the backlight of the stock 03/04 snake gauges to a deep blue rather than the pale green? Also, what steps would I have to take to do that?

I think it will look badass, with the mood lights being blue, along with the gauges. anyone done antyhing like this before?

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Capt. Shockwave said:
When I get my snake, I want to set it up so every interior light is either Blue or Red (prob Blue). Is there a way to change the backlight of the stock 03/04 snake gauges to a deep blue rather than the pale green? Also, what steps would I have to take to do that?

I think it will look badass, with the mood lights being blue, along with the gauges. anyone done antyhing like this before?

I believe the gauges are indiglo.. You'd have to hope there's some sort of aftermarket gauge overlay that's available for our cars.

I had one on my 2000 Z28.. See Pic.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/70249415/88949975TPcyng

I found those on Ebay. They were Indiglo as well and had a dial that you could use to adjust the color..

Erick

Established Member
That's what I did with my '96. I used a Speedhut silver overlay with LED's in the autometer's and HVAC. The overlays are much more visible than the stock cluster especially at dusk. I don't think it's looks ricey, let me know what you think!
20525xt.jpg

InArmyWPride

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Looks good, MAN

http://www.speedhut.com/default.asp?bhcp=1

SPEED HUT IS BAD ASS!!!!!!!

I emailed them and told them they need to make a kit for 03-04 COBRA so more go and them so they will make it. OR YOU CAN HAVE THE MODEL DEVELOPMENT BUT I DONT THINK THAT WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO DO THAT!

http://www.speedhut.com/15orders.asp
12. What is the MODEL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
This is a Program Speedhut has designed to help our Customers receive Custom EL GLO Products that are not currently available. Once we receive 25 Pre Orders we will begin tooling.
We offer additional discounts to our Group Leader and Pre Order Customers including Free Text, Free Standard Graphics (Flames, etc), and Free Standard Logo's.
*We can also add Km/h instead of MPH to our Pre Order for FREE as long as we have 5+ Km/h Pre Order Customers.
The price for our Pre Order EL Glo Dial Kit's are generally around $99-109 + S&H.
Please go to home page and click on the "Model Development" link to see the current cars we have in development.
If your interested in starting a program for your car email us [email protected]

-Cory

rmgtc01

Established Member
Erick said:
No, it's the stock piece with blue LED's in place of the 194 bulbs.

So can I replace mine easily with a red LED. What kind of effort and expense am I looking at.

Erick

Established Member
It's real cheap to do, but remember my stock '96 interior lighting is green/blue-ish lettering so placing blue LED's behind it was not big of a difference. That was changed in 99 to a true green lighting, so you will be placing red LEDS behind the green lettering. I'm not real sure how that will turn out.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Erick said:
It's real cheap to do, but remember my stock '96 interior lighting is green/blue-ish lettering so placing blue LED's behind it was not big of a difference. That was changed in 99 to a true green lighting, so you will be placing red LEDS behind the green lettering. I'm not real sure how that will turn out.

Good point. I wonder if the white face A/C guages are any different?

Where did you get your LED's at?

Erick

Established Member
Did you go to speedhut.com? You can configure the speedo/tach cluster & HVAC overlays to your liking. The '03 in the gallery has the silver w/ red letters that light up red at night. Looks real good! He also incorperated the boost overlay into it.

I purchased my LEDS from superbrightleds.com

rmgtc01

Established Member
Erick said:
Did you go to speedhut.com? You can configure the speedo/tach cluster & HVAC overlays to your liking. The '03 in the gallery has the silver w/ red letters that light up red at night. Looks real good! He also incorperated the boost overlay into it.

I purchased my LEDS from superbrightleds.com

That is the coolest thing ever. I didn't buy them yet, but I made some black face A/C fuages with red lettering (letters light up red), and then started playing with guages. I made some white carbon fiber El-Glo's, with red lettering. So daytime they are white with the red lettering, and nighttime they are the el glo greenish-blue and black lettering. Ah Sh1t ! Now I am not sure if this is something to do or a waste of money. I think it would look cool though.. What do you think? I made them so they look stock (other than the colors) right down to the SVT logo on there. Maybe I can do the boost overlay as well.

Opinions??

So I have to install that inverter some where too for both the A/C adn the Cluster? Where do you throw that thing, can you just change out your LEDS with the new face to get the right look, or on the instument cluster just change the face since it is already the el glo look in a cobra?

So many questions.. :shrug:

Erick

Established Member
So I have to install that inverter some where too for both the A/C adn the Cluster? Where do you throw that thing, can you just change out your LEDS with the new face to get the right look, or on the instument cluster just change the face since it is already the el glo look in a cobra?
The faces & inverter are very easy to install and I think you can run the hvac controls off the same inverter. You don't even have to remove the needles to install. I placed the inverter under the dash, next to the fuse box. It's probably the best $100 I've spent on the car.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I am still pondering, but I was studying my stock guages. I may need to call and ask them my questions and concerns.
I like how the SVT and certain pieces still light up red at night. I am not sure if that is the case on theirs. Or if it is possible to get it more to your liking with out doing the 20 orders thing.
I may start with the A/C and see from there.

Thanks for you help Erick

Users who are viewing this thread