Interior lights/instruments Q's

Striped97

Established Member
So my aftermarket cd player got ripped out the other weekend. A few days later my whole interior lighting just stopped working one night while driving. So i looked inside the dash area where the cd player used to be and didn't see anything unrelated to the audio system wrong. I've tried to check a few fuses under the hood and the drivers side to see if any were blown and could'nt find one. What do yall think i could do? The guages are not lit and neither is the a/c cluster. When i turn traction control off the light does light up though..... thanks

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Sounds like one of the wires that feeds the back lighting (When you turn on the headlights I believe the factory radio dims and the dimmer can dim it more) got possibly shorted. Theres some sharp metal back there and if you put another radio in, there could have been a wire that got pinched.

HTH...

Striped97

Established Member
I dont have a new cd player in there yet. Any advice on which fuses to look at to see if theres a short?

Striped97

Established Member
ttt, really need help on this b/c i feel its an easy fix and i dont want to have to take it in..... thx

Striped97

Established Member
Anybody else????? I've searched and saw theres been some issues with the backlighting going out and ppl needing to just replace it, but since my AC guages aren't even lit up i figure its a fuse or something somewhere. But where is my question, i looked into the manuel and found the fuses that had anything to do with instruments and didn't find one blown.

Users who are viewing this thread