Interior Removal

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I have been trying to remove the back plastic pieces in the cab of my truck, but I am hitting quite a few snags. I removed the passanger seat, and the black box in the back. I popped out all the rivets holding the back plastic in, but the piece still won't come off. I tried tugging on it after they were out, but nothing happened. I didn't want to just rip it off for fear that I will break it. Also I can reach my hand behind it and feel there is some kind of clip or something back there. I can see the stress point on the front where the clip is. How on earth do I get this out :shrug: Any help would be greatly appretiated.

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
Thanks guys. I finally went out there and just yanked the crap out of them. The came off just fine, without cracking (thank God). Appretiate the help. Now to get the window out.............

Chi3f

Established Member
one day mine started leaking i noticed it in the car wash... come to find out the o ring around the wires that goto the 3rd brake light dissapeared.

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I have plenty of pics. I am ditching the slider window for a solid one. For one, mine has always leaked through the slider. Two, I watched someone break into my truck in less than 13 seconds with a coat hanger. (with me standing there) It was rather disturbing. And finally, I just plain like them better, looks cleaner. Once it is all done I will post up all the pics!

dirtchicken

Banned
You mean like this?
Window.gif

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
How much is that "solid" window?
My sliding window rattles all to hell whenever my stereo is turned up just a little bit. I have to ride with the slider open to keep it from rattling when the stereo is on.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Damn Dirt, the more pix you post the more I want my truck to look like yours lol. Any new word on the Works? I will have the rest of my parts and be ready to do all my installs at the end of the month.. Stan

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I love the solid rear window on my HD. I never used the silder on my L, plus the sold rear makes it easier to clean and doesnt trap water like the dam slider. Keep us updated and post pics when done

Joe

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
Ya dirtchicken, thats what my window looks like. Did you buy the upgraded window seal? Or did you already have it. I wanted to go to Ford and pick it up, but I heard that they wont sell only the seal and that you have to get the whole thing. Is that true?

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
If I ever do anything with the rear window its one of two things....Roll cage going through it haha. Or I still want the slider window but maybe it can go down and be powered by a switch.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
What would be really nice, would be one like the explorer sport-trac. Those have a huge sliding window! And its powered by a switch.

dirtchicken

Banned
Yes you have to buy the whole rear window trim. You can't buy the seal seperately :mj: I think I paid $186 for the window trim with updated seal. I would call Steve. He's the guy at the top of the Gen 2 page selling the Ford parts. He should be able to get it cheaper than that.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Slider said:
What would be really nice, would be one like the explorer sport-trac. Those have a huge sliding window! And its powered by a switch.

03 HD's had the electric sliding rear window.

Users who are viewing this thread