Interior Stripping

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm getting ready to have a roll bar installed....my question is - How easy/difficult is it to strip the interior of our trucks? How much time should I expect to take? I know how to take out the seats and such - I did the expy console swap - but the plastic trim pieces and the carpet?? I don't want to ruin things as I take them out. Is there a "How to" somewhere? Or is it extremely easy and I'm just overthinking this?:shrug:

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
I've never stripped out my interior but i'm sure most of the stuff is held in by the push in pins. Kinda like how u can just rip out ur dash surround and what not.

canugo12s

Banned
i just did it this weekend, it isnt that hard, just take your time and pay attention to where the interior mounts and you should be fine.

i dont know your skill level, but im not the smartest tool in the shed but i doned(did) it

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
I just did this for my cage. It's pretty simple, mostly plastic push pins on the back of the cab. You'll have to take off the dome light that way you can access the top bolts under the headliner that hold in the rear window. There is a nut under the plastic cover that holds the seat belt to the side of the cab. That needs to be removed so you can pull the side panels off. Once all the trim is removed you can pull out the carpet. I have pictures posted in the Illness section on NLOC that might help.

Also you'll have to modify the side panels to fit around the side bars of the main hoop.

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It's easy, probably an hour or two. I use a small screwdriver to poke the push pins in about 1/8", no further. Then I have a plastic prybar (OTC makes them, super nice) that I use to pull the panels apart.

Make sure you have room for a pile this size-

Winter07050.jpg

cthunder

Established Member
buy extra pushpins... those things break so easily and sometimes are a pain to take out without serious frustration. I took my entire interior out in about an hour to put down some sound deadener.

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
I found a local guy - Vacaville - who does this for fun. He owns a local dirt race team and builds tube chassis for friends. He's only charging me for materials! He has one helluva race shop behind his house. I can't wait! His welding and fabrication skills are top notch.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
The pins Ford used are very easy to remove without breaking, you just need to know what you are doing. Push the center in lightly & slowly until it 'clicks' and stops. Don't push it all the way through. Then you should be able to gently remove them without breakage.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
I found a local guy - Vacaville - who does this for fun. He owns a local dirt race team and builds tube chassis for friends. He's only charging me for materials! He has one helluva race shop behind his house. I can't wait! His welding and fabrication skills are top notch.

Yeah I'll have to get with you and meet this guy. Sounds like maybe he and I need to talk about a cage for mine too.

Users who are viewing this thread