Intermittent Interior noises

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
So I torqued all the plugs to factory specs to rule that out, I am still getting a slight clicking/tapping noise inside the cab, it sound like its coming from the tape deck area? Fill me in on any interior noises you guys are getting, also if you were able to find it and fix it?

Also is this normal, when you turn the truck over, there is a click in the ignition when you turn the key forward, then a click when you release the key back to the running position?

Mondo1

Established Member
This may or may not apply to yours, but check it out.I know I had 3 noises that were driving me batty.:cuss: One was the rear slide window latch that buzzed, the other interior noise was the screws under the driverside dash.I pulled off the plastic under the steering wheel and a couple of the small phillips head connecting screws were loose. Lastly my seat belt buckle was tapping on the plastic side cover (I simply moved it up higher. All noises sounded like they were coming from the front dash center area. I can't tell you how many times I had pasengers try to locate it while I was driving. Hope you find it.

Last edited:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
F8TLSNK94 said:
Sounds like your ignition switch could be clicking

I think that is it? Any ideas on how to fix it? :shrug:

This may or may not apply to yours, but check it out.I know I had 3 noises that were driving me batty. One was the rear slide window latch that buzzed, the other interior noise was the screws under the driver side dash.I pulled off the plastic under the steering wheel and a couple of the small phillips head connecting screws were loose. Lastly my seat belt buckle was tapping on the plastic side cover (I simply moved it up higher. All noises sounded like they were coming from the front dash center area. I can't tell you how many times I had pasengers try to locate it while I was driving. Hope you find it.

Hehe, Same here, my brother was looking all over to try and find it!! I will have to check those screws

Last edited:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
chevytosvt said:
I think that is it? Any ideas on how to fix it? :shrug:

Hehe, Same here, my brother was looking all over to try and find it!! I will have to check those screws

I found the noise, It is the Tape deck :cuss: it sounds like its trying to find a tape every 3 or 4 minutes, Guess its time for a new deck

ida-x001.jpg

here I come

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
just my .02........continuous ticking noise coming from the dash area with the truck running?....

check the grommet that your boost gauge hose comes through on the firewall.....

We stuff all kinds of wires though that hole for gauges etc...if the grommet/plug has fallen out or is no longer there..trust me you will get driver side rear injector ticking noise that will come through that hole.

Last edited:

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I get a clicking noise too but it dissapears when I turn the temp knob on the a/c from cold to warm which means it's that actuator that isn't seating completely cold. I can turn it just a hair off of cold and it will go away and not come back unless it has sat overnight. I haven't gotten to repairing it just yet but at least I know what it is. You might want to try moving the temp knob and see if that is your problem.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
just my .02........continuous ticking noise coming from the dash area with the truck running?....

check the grommet that your boost gauge hose comes through on the firewall.....

We stuff all kinds of wires though that hole for gauges etc...if the grommet/plug has fallen out or is no longer there..trust me you will get driver side rear injector ticking noise that will come through that hole.

Its not continuous, its like every couple minutes and its coming right from the tape deck area, and sometimes over bumps and such :shrug:

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
castellscl said:
I was gonna say we have pretty noisy fuel injectors.......

I'm beginning to think that what it is? It doesn't do it all the time, just certain times while driving, It doesn't normally do it while idling, I drove all the way home last night 30miles and it didn't make a sound :shrug:
I'm gonna have to check that hole in the firewall were the boost gauge wiring comes threw :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread