Internet speeds??

95riosnake

Established Member
1835996550.png

torchanniv03

Established Member
wow 100mb internet is the fastest I have ever heard of..

My parents have charter and they get 60 down and 3 up, im waiting on a new modem to see what I get.

Hey OP do me a favor and goto Speakeasy Speed Test and let me know what your speed shows there.

I got 89.79 download and 5.26 upload. When I got the OP number, I did this test at like 3am last night lol. Usually during the day when ive checked I usually hover around 80mbps! The last couple of nights though have been frustrating because they had "supposedly" video only open tickets, but it affected my internet.. They said they were around 150 other modems in my area that were not pinging either so it was a relief that it wasnt just me lol. I sounded frustrated enough on the phone about it that the guy credited my acct. without me even bringing it up!! So far, I like charter MUCH better than POS at&t...

torchanniv03

Established Member
I dont know if it may even matter in some cases, but my plan was supposed to be "up to" 100mbps. When they came and installed everything, i was wireless.. My desktop is in my room, with the router being in the living room. I did a speed test right after they left and it only showed 23mb.. Ive been fine with this speed till this past weekend, when I ran cat-5 and hard wired. I didnt realize you lose that much through wireless although it make sense because as soon as I plugged it in and retested, 81mb right off the bat!! Just an FYI!

Helomech74

Established Member
I've got Fiber Optic to the home through Lightband and it sucks. It's rated at 10up and 10down, but rarely do I ever see anything higher then 3up and down. They hyped it up like you would always get the rated speed regardless of traffic, but it pretty much blows. My only other choice is Charter which sucks ass around here too.

Users who are viewing this thread