intresting question about rear bumper????

03cobrarocks

Established Member
ok so the black plastic at the bottom of the terminators bumper has two exhaust holes obviously for the exhaust... does anyone know if anyone makes a black piece that looks stock for our cars but doesnt have the holes for the exhaust???

I am wanting to put turndowns after my mufflers but I think it looks retarted when people have the holes in the bumper and no exhaust

the only thing I can find is the roush cover that goes over the existing bumper but I dont want that...

anyone got any ideas?

2ponies

Established Member
I also have been considering modifying my rear bumper, and have been looking at how to modify bottom panel. I want to do a center exhaust that looks like a factory option.

I'm looking at cutting and moving the exhaust holes to the center, with some modification to fit the Saleen style center exhaust. Then move the center piece I removed to cover the two original exhaust holes.

I've done the cardboard mockup and it looks as if I might need to buy another (salvage) rear bumper and use pieces from it to get a professional look. Finish it up with some careful body work and paint it to match.

My biggest concert is that the bottom panel has textured finish, and will I be able to do the modification without changing the original textured look to much.

Good luck!

mosconiac

Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
ok so the black plastic at the bottom of the terminators bumper has two exhaust holes obviously for the exhaust... does anyone know if anyone makes a black piece that looks stock for our cars but doesnt have the holes for the exhaust???
That "black plastic piece" is actually a molded part of the rear fascia. It's not a seperate piece and is just painted black to appear as an insert. Therefore, you will be cutting and repairing your plastic fascia, so you'll need to find a shop that is good at working with plastic (not sure how you would duplicate the texture molded into it).

03cobrarocks

Established Member
well crap... so basically it might be more trouble than its work?? I just thought it might look kinda neat to be the only terminator without exhaust out back that looks clean with no holes!

Users who are viewing this thread