Intro and ???

ssgator

Established Member
First I wanted to intro myself....seeing how I am new to posting on this site. I have read many, many post the last week and it has helped confirm that a L is on my very short list of "next vehicle". In fact it has been between the L and an 03/04 Cobra. After driving both, I feel the L is more my personality......

Anyways, my question is have you ever regreted buying the L ? or has it ever disappointed you compared to a prior vehicle you have owned?

Thanks!!!!

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
welcome, i love my truck. i baby the hell out of it. it's also really fast. i woud never get rid of mine.

ssgator

Established Member
With all your mods do you have any reliability issues? anything you would have done different?

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I also love my truck and I don't think I could drive another truck right now. With my mods I drive 30-50 miles a day and have had zero problems and I still get 13-16 mpg depending on how much I get on it.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
ssgator said:
With all your mods do you have any reliability issues? anything you would have done different?
yea i would of got a built engine and a kb first and saved myself time and money. once i sent a rod through the block i realized how easy it was to actually be able to come up with the money for a new engine. banks are great

stubbs

Established Member
PearlBlue L said:
yea i would of got a built engine and a kb first and saved myself time and money. once i sent a rod through the block i realized how easy it was to actually be able to come up with the money for a new engine. banks are great

did you ever get your truck running?

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Never had a single regret about the truck. I love it more now than when I bought it, and it just keeps getting better.

ssgator

Established Member
Building the block..are you talking about replacing the rods and pistons, or a complete rebuild?

203Cree

Established Member
ssgator said:
Building the block..are you talking about replacing the rods and pistons, or a complete rebuild?

Rods and pistons mostly, but the rest would kinda go with, ya know? I can honestly say I could be ruined for anything else. What else could you buy that is as fast as this and can actually be used as a truck as well? Welcome to the site.

ssgator

Established Member
I am hoping to learn from others mistakes and experience...plus I in past started building a Fox Mustang and half way determined I could have went a better route. A few years later I did a Formula and was pleased with the package, but I went about it in a slower and educated manner.......

203Cree

Established Member
ssgator said:
I am hoping to learn from others mistakes and experience...plus I in past started building a Fox Mustang and half way determined I could have went a better route. A few years later I did a Formula and was pleased with the package, but I went about it in a slower and educated manner.......

That's pretty much how I've been doing it. I've been going very slow putting this together just so I make sure I do it the right way the first time. Hopefully my paitence will be rewarded around March.

Just remember, the search function is your friend. If you can't find it there, then start a thread on it. People here are usually good about answering questions to the best of their knowledge. You could also check out NLOC for more pre buy research. Good luck, welcome to the site, and be sure to check back when you pick one up.

Rob

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
After just coming out of a 2002 GMC Sierra Denali, into the 02 Lightning, I can say I love the switch. The Denali was "nicer" but the L fitted me better. I had a Z06 I traded for the Denali, and I wanted something with some kick, but with the truck function. I love it, and have no regrets. Good luck finding one, my dad has his 01 for sale right now actually. There is a thread on here with it, good luck, you will love the Lightning!

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
No regrets here. My L just rolled in at 100,315 miles. She's a DD and believe it or not, I still have people come up to me and ask me what year model the L is...most of the time their mouths fall open when I tell them that she's a 1999 model.

NEVER had any mechanical problems at all. :rockon: Well, I did have to replace the alternator last year, but, that's to be expected sooner or later.

Great for cruising, hauling ass, or just hauling other stuff.

ssgator

Established Member
Well I only test drove one at a local used car lot about a year ago.....it was not in the best of shape , but it was a blast to drive. I was not in the market for anything then and now a year later when I am actually looking for another vehicle, I can remember fondly that day, taking it to the house to show the wife,(just to get a reaction) then calling a buddy up the street to take a quick spin in it. Minutes later I was putting down two stripes about 150-200 feet long........as I drove past that access road the next few weeks, I would grin lookin at my mark. So I have a feeling I will not regret the purchase either.......

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Welcome to the site! I can't speak about owning one because I don't have one (although I should soon) but, I can say that the people on this site are great, specifically the Gen2 section. The Gen2 section tends to be a bit more mature than the others that I have seen and peoples questions are always answered. Lightnings are my favorite vehicle produced.....ever! So I tend to spend alot of time here.

Be careful though, the site may end up sucking more of your time away than you realize!

Last edited:

SVT99RED

Established Member
woo hoo another soon to be L owner!!! i love my L and cant get enough!!! i am always lookin for something to do to it!!! it is very very very adictive!! I cant spell but oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread