IPAD MINI IN-DASH done right!!!!!!!!

shortydoo313

Established Member
So I'm always about doing something different, but having a clean look. So after searching high and low I found a kit that will fit what i was looking for. I plan on using dash command, and Spotify for my Music player, plus the GPS screen will be much nicer. My center console is in the shop and will be completed Monday pics and vids will be up. Here is a teaser for now. Also the Website is http://www.soundmanca.com

_MG_6071_zps6760269e.jpg

_MG_6081_zps0bb3d43c.jpg

_MG_6158_zps91c47984.jpg

SEP 24 UPDATED Progress

Sorry it took so long but my guy doing the work needed more time but I say i think this is turning out well, Almost finished.

Plastic welded:
image4_zpscd0ab137.jpg

image5_zpscc63b8b2.jpg

image3_zpscab6121b.jpg

Primered:
image1_zps48c57619.jpg

image2_zps9c0aaf17.jpg

Last edited:

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I'm subscribed to soundman on youtube and they do a lot of ipad installs. I've been wanting to do the same for a while, but haven't gone through with it. They're actually about 30-45 minutes away from me. Here is a video of one of their installs. Sorry I don't know how to imbed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumMtX4Gulo

@shortydoo313, post up pictures of your install during and after install. I would like to see it the outcome.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
They did this in one of the magazine cars a month or two ago if you want to see finished pics. Looked pretty damn good

shortydoo313

Established Member
I'm subscribed to soundman on youtube and they do a lot of ipad installs. I've been wanting to do the same for a while, but haven't gone through with it. They're actually about 30-45 minutes away from me. Here is a video of one of their installs. Sorry I don't know how to imbed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumMtX4Gulo

@shortydoo313, post up pictures of your install during and after install. I would like to see it the outcome.

Oh i will be keeping everyone updated on this, sorry for the tease i just wanted to get everyones opinion first.

They did this in one of the magazine cars a month or two ago if you want to see finished pics. Looked pretty damn good

yea i saw that issue, it was on a fox tho

I've seen a guy pull this off in his new edge. Looked clean.

heres the pics of that one, I'm just doing mine a tad different because the bezel is different for our cars with the traction control, fogs, and defroster. Moving those would be a pain. So I'm leaving my A/C controls at the top. Plus while my hand is on the shifter i can just extend a finger if i need to do anything.

3dd39a39d0ec20d4bebb8d8a80383486_zps9eb6b2ab.jpg

bc237fc134c54039c5cc9060aa1e06e0_zpsc3c54f0a.jpg

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Oh i will be keeping everyone updated on this, sorry for the tease i just wanted to get everyones opinion first.

yea i saw that issue, it was on a fox tho

heres the pics of that one, I'm just doing mine a tad different because the bezel is different for our cars with the traction control, fogs, and defroster. Moving those would be a pain. So I'm leaving my A/C controls at the top. Plus while my hand is on the shifter i can just extend a finger if i need to do anything.

3dd39a39d0ec20d4bebb8d8a80383486_zps9eb6b2ab.jpg

bc237fc134c54039c5cc9060aa1e06e0_zpsc3c54f0a.jpg
Yup that's it. Looks like a pain.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I like something like this but it's much easier these days to purchase a decent head unit with HDMI/MHL mirroring. Plus I heard you won't get as good audio output as you do from an actual head unit.

I'm about to put a DNX771HD (7" screen) into my car once it gets here. Kenwood now uses their own mirror system that works pretty well and doesn't require the touch of God to get it to work. I had mirrorlink in my last car and it was horrible. Pioneer's AppRadio is horrible too... You have to root to do anything worth while. The Kenwood mirrors out of the box, no roots needed.

I will run it with a BT OBDII scanner. I love dash command over torque because you can use different console skins which give it a really cool look. I always like running the GT-R skins because it gives you like 7 pages of displays that look identical to the GT-R's system.

Well done though!

shortydoo313

Established Member
I like something like this but it's much easier these days to purchase a decent head unit with HDMI/MHL mirroring. Plus I heard you won't get as good audio output as you do from an actual head unit.

I'm about to put a DNX771HD (7" screen) into my car once it gets here. Kenwood now uses their own mirror system that works pretty well and doesn't require the touch of God to get it to work. I had mirrorlink in my last car and it was horrible. Pioneer's AppRadio is horrible too... You have to root to do anything worth while. The Kenwood mirrors out of the box, no roots needed.

I will run it with a BT OBDII scanner. I love dash command over torque because you can use different console skins which give it a really cool look. I always like running the GT-R skins because it gives you like 7 pages of displays that look identical to the GT-R's system.

Well done though!

i was thinking about doing the same. But at the end of the day it just came down to wanting to do something unique. Our interiors don't bleed style, and to me this would just up the points in the style dept. Audio quality should be fine to me, for the fact that its my same setup that i always run thru my with my pioneer deck. just instead of my iPhone/Ipad sitting in my seat, its nice a snug in the dash. dash command is currently loaded in my iPad now and I'm prob going to add the SCT ITSX wifi tuner.

sonicblew

Established Member
Id love to do that. As little as i drive my car though it wouldn't make sense. Plus i don't go to many shows so it really wouldn't do much.

post pics when done, can't wait to see it!

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Looks like a decent setup. Fill me in on the app you will be using to monitor the cars settings similar to a Aeroforce?

Users who are viewing this thread