Ipod FM Transmitter

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Anybody use them?? I'm looking for one and just wanted to know if anybody has any positive or negative comments on what they use:shrug:. Thanks in advance.

bloodhound248

Classic Muscle Car Guru
Established Member
i had a belkin one that was pretty decent, could have been alot better but it was still alright. the problem was i never really picked up stations that were completely blank so the frequencies would cross and i'd be hearing my music and some radio station at the same time. however they do have alot better ones out there that im sure would work well

DaJoker

Established Member
the volume is a joke, stick to cd's

2 of my cars have cassette decks......yes cassette decks. Hey they were made in 89, would rather use an Ipod instead of buying 2 cd players. They have cassette adapters but then I can't use it in my company vehicle. It does have a cd player tho.

AMD[H]unter

Banned
They don't work. I tried a Belkin one, but it killed my Ipod's battery quick, and it didn't work worth shit after the battery was past 75%.

DaJoker

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;6183634 said:
They don't work. I tried a Belkin one, but it killed my Ipod's battery quick, and it didn't work worth shit after the battery was past 75%.

Transmitter or the cassette adapter?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had the Belkin model with 4 channels. It worked ok. My buddy has one from Monster I think that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It works pretty good. A lot better then the one I had.

Last edited:

makevelie187

Established Member
my friend has one in his car and it charges the ipod and he always has good reception and we drive threw san francisco all the time where there are lots of broadcasts. not sure which brand it was but it was a good one and it worked well, it pluged into the cigarette lighter as well

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I had one for 5 minutes and got rid of it. I hardwired my Ipod into my Mach 460 and havent looked back since.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
IMO it depends on car/reciever.

tried using one for my 02 GT with the Mach460 and the deck would try to home in on the station/frequency you were trying to broadcast on, so say if you were broadcasting 88.3 the mach deck would just listen to 88.3 and try to phase out the ipod's signal.

other cars it worked fine on:
my 94 tbird with a Rampage 100$ deck
parents 97 Tahoe with stock deck
parents 06 Tahoe with stock deck
sisters Jeep Liberty with alpine deck
Buddies srt4 with alpine deck

other cars it did not work for:
buddy's girl''s Civic with stock deck
another buddies Tahoe with Pioneer deck

works great on my home stereo systems, i now just use it for the garage since the antenna for some reason now cant pick up the few remaining english stations no matter how you work the antenna, so i just wrap the antenna cord around the ipod a few times and run that, and the sound quality is just as good as the best fm signal you ever had. definitely not CD quality but that should be a given seeing its FM!

Established Member
Hey man I sent you a PM. I have one of those things from Belkin and it works ok. The sound qualityy is decent, at least in my area. I just wasn't that impressed by the quality. Anyways; I'll give you mine for free if you want it it. I just used it maybe a total of 2 times and never used it again. Anyways, just let me know if you want it.

I apologioze in advance foor any mispeddled words. I'm kinda drunnk right now and typing isn;t exactly easy when yer not in yur right mind.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
If you have a cassette player in the car use the cassette adapter, if you don't then don't waste your money on the modulators unless you live in a low populated area where there are not a lot of radio stations and buildings.

Josh

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
those things are crap. my friend has had several, and no dice. but we live in LA, so unless you like low quality sound or stay out in the sticks, dont bother. save your money....

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
those things are crap. my friend has had several, and no dice. but we live in LA, so unless you like low quality sound or stay out in the sticks, dont bother. save your money....

Where'd you get your info from? You should have quoted me, that's plagiarism :lol1:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Just make sure you get the wired one.

Audiovox actually makes a great wired modulator, if you go this route you will have no problems, I don't know what kind of car it is going into but you may need a couple of antenna adapters and you will have to pull the radio out. If you don't mind doing that then this is by far the best route to go.

Way to think outside of the box SVT, for some reason a wired mod never crossed my mind:beer:

Josh

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Way to think outside of the box SVT, for some reason a wired mod never crossed my mind:beer:

While I appreciate the comment, it wasn't my thinking. It was my buddy getting a terrible wireless transmitter for his 96 Cobra, us playing with it all day, and finally taking it back for a wired one that still works 3 years later. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread