iPod Video vs. PSP vs. ???

J15BIG

Established Member
I figured some people on here might have some input.

I just started school again and have a few breaks between classes. I could do homework, but thats no fun :). Anyway, I recently lost my iPod (non-video) and need a replacement. I loved my iPod, but am now considering other gadgets.

I know its hard to compare the iPod to the PSP because the PSP does so much more, but I think I would probably get sick playing games on the PSP and just end up using it for either wathcing movies or listening to music, which is what the iPod does. If that is the case, the iPod would probably be better. Also, the size of the PSP compared to the iPod is a factor. I gues my question is does anyone here have a PSP? How is it when used for playing videos and music? Is it hard to convert videos on your computer to PSP format?

My other question is: What else is available that could compare to the PSP and iPod.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
whatever you do...DO NOT!!! I REPEAT DO NOT GET THE ipod video!!...I would rather go with the PSP....I mean cmon....listen to music, watch movies, play games!! you cant beat that...I regret buying my ipod video...the battery life sucks balls....it does not last as long as stupid apple says...not even half of what they say, besides that, itunes sucks balls on transferring music to it and working with it as well...but yeah creative always makes good products..you cant go wrong with them if you are partial to what your gonna use it for go with what you prefer :beer:

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
Yeah I have a Zen as well. If you are considering a PSP for music then your gonna need at least a 1GB memory stick (now about $60 bucks). Or if you want to never think about having enough space you can dump out $200 bucks and buy the 4GB and download movies too. If music is your top priority then get the Zen Nano because PSP has only a few games worth buying right now.

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
If you would be interested in a PSP, i would sell mine with all its accessories for $250 it has-

the full accessory kit that came with the PSP ($300 at the time)
1 gig memory card ($100 at the time)
1 movie
PC to USB cable

i just never really got into console gaming... and thats a lot of what a PSP is good for, but it also holds music/videos and i enjoy being able to surf the web on it.

If you decide to go that route, let me know. I might even part with it for about $200.

It has no scratches, i clean the screen religiously with a specialty glass cleaner, etc. very durable and basicly new just no box.

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
PSP OWNZ Ipod video on video. But Ipod owns the PSP on music. Thats why i own both :rockon:

King Cobra 2001

Smokin' Tires Year Round
Established Member
DrYeRLiNt said:
If you would be interested in a PSP, i would sell mine with all its accessories for $250 it has-

the full accessory kit that came with the PSP ($300 at the time)
1 gig memory card ($100 at the time)
1 movie
PC to USB cable

i just never really got into console gaming... and thats a lot of what a PSP is good for, but it also holds music/videos and i enjoy being able to surf the web on it.

If you decide to go that route, let me know. I might even part with it for about $200.

It has no scratches, i clean the screen religiously with a specialty glass cleaner, etc. very durable and basicly new just no box.

That is a good deal for $200.

I would consider this. I have a PSP and love the thing. I have this Nyko case for it that extends the battery life to 10 hrs and has a dual headphone port! Good for traveling. And I spend alot of time on airplanes. Its great for movies and music, but I bought the thing initially for gaming. With the 1 Gig card you can hold a sufficient amount of movies and music for sure. Videos are easy to convert. There is freeware software out there that you can convert basically any video.....divX, mpg, avi, yada yada to a viewable version on the PSP. I believe you can also buy software for $30 at best buy or circuit city (DVD Xcopy) that will convert your standard DVDs into a file that you can save on your PSP.

PSP for the win.

Do you really need 30 Gigs of space? I suppose it would be nice.....but a little overkill IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread