IRS Bolts

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
First of all I want to thank my buddies, Rich (who has the lift in his garage) and John (WS6JJP) for their help today.
The usual end of season maintenace stuff, oil change, adjusted the catback etc... but most important....I replaced the shitty factory IRS bolts.
They were definately too small and sloppy in the holes.. took about 20 minutes to do and now the right ones are in there.

For anyone that needs them I can sell them for $15 shipped....the correct factory bolts with nuts.

Thanks again guys:rockon:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
there was a very slight clunk in the back that's now gone. the bolts that came out had some unusual wear on them and the car only has 6,000 miles on it.

First of all I want to thank my buddies, Rich (who has the lift in his garage) and John (WS6JJP) for their help today.
The usual end of season maintenace stuff, oil change, adjusted the catback etc... but most important....I replaced the shitty factory IRS bolts.
They were definately too small and sloppy in the holes.. took about 20 minutes to do and now the right ones are in there.

For anyone that needs them I can sell them for $15 shipped....the correct factory bolts with nuts.

Thanks again guys:rockon:

You only had the wrong sized bolts in the front of the subframe correct? The rear ones had the right size in them?

This is interesting. I'm getting my Cobra back on Tuesday after sending it in to put the correct 14mm bolts in the front of the subframe. I also had a new set of rubber diff bushings installed since they were cheap. The current ones are pretty much shredded. I've had an awful clunk for some time and the rear was twisting to the left when I hammered it in 2nd. So I'm curious to see what if any impact these two repairs has on those issues.

Well just picked up my Cobra today and the clunk is gone. I had the 14mm front IRS bolts installed and I put a new set of rubber differential bushings since the stockers were shredded. I was going to install a set of Bruce's diff bushings but I didn't want to spend any extra coin to get that 3rd bushing out. All in all the clunk is gone. The car hooks a lot better too. I also had the BF Irs (aka Mathis) brackets welded and I swear the car feels great and doesn't squirm to the left when I stomp on the gas.

Lastly, I had a new set of Bilstein struts put in since the stockers were leaking and added the MM alum steering rack bushings, in addition to the MM k-member 4pt brace. The front suspension feels phenomenal. The ride is soft and the car now stays pointed straight. The ride has never felt this good. These specific products are legitimate. It was pricey but worth it. Thats it for my mods this year.

Next mod will happen in July with a Stage 5 and step down to a 2.93 upper.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
man that's great news. i haven't been able to drive mine since i changed mine. i took the insurance off saturday so now i'll wait til may

Users who are viewing this thread