IRS Bushings

Brewkett

Established Member
Waiting for my bonus check to come in so I can buy parts, I got to thinking,
On my car, a 2001 convertible, building for street use and not for the track or autocross.
How big of a difference would it be if I went poly bushings over the FTB UHMW & delrin bushings?

This is a freeway car and I would like a somewhat nice ride,

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Waiting for my bonus check to come in so I can buy parts, I got to thinking,
On my car, a 2001 convertible, building for street use and not for the track or autocross.
How big of a difference would it be if I went poly bushings over the FTB UHMW & delrin bushings?

This is a freeway car and I would like a somewhat nice ride,
I can't say on which would be better, but I can say from experience to make sure you pick up some adjustable tie rod ends. When I swapped to urethane bushings, it through the geometry off. The car had a wicked rear steer problem. The ass wanted to kick out in every turn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
On my 01 I had poly diff and cradle bushings with rubber control arm bushings. On my 04 I have all the bushings with aluminum diff bushings. Honestly, I can't really tell a difference as far as NVH between the two. And mine is a cruiser mostly. Your springs and shocks will have more effect on the ride.

I ran stock tie rod ends on my 01 and it was dropped about 1.75". No handling issues after it was aligned.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

omj

Established Member
My car had some poly bushings and melted them. I went with FTBR and haven't looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread