IRS has me in investigation?!?!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so here is my question. with tax season quickly approaching what if there is a wuestion on there if I received 8k or not? do I say yes even though I may not have received it at that time or say no? if I say no and they see that I just purchased a house then they would try to give it to me again? I just dont want to screw up my return because they are dragging their feet.

you say NO. you don't put it down until you actually receive the funds in your account. you can, if it makes you feel better, attach a letter that says you have applied for it but it has not been received as of the filing of your 1040. I have done that kind of thing in the past. I doubt they would try to give it to you again, in todays world the IRS is all about taking money not willingly giving it back

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
so I just got off the phone with the IRS asking where my return is. well as you can guess its still setting right where it was a couple of weeks ago. in fact its still setting where it was when they got it back in the 1st week of OCT!

come to find out that anyone claiming the new home tax credit there are 20+ items they check on your form. one of those items is if you have an apartment listed on your original return. as I lived in an apartment prior to moving into my 1st ever home that would be me. well if thats the case it gets flagged and kicked out to exams(I was originally told it was investigations).

HELLO!!! people have to live somewhere before they buy a house. is that not the dumbest rule you ever heard? and then on top of that they give me the great news that on average when your paperwork goes to exams it is usually there for 180 days (6 months). so much for 8-12 weeks. this blows.

Users who are viewing this thread