IRS Leak & How To Links

mattyslice

Established Member
I have a leak somewhere on my IRS (04 Cobra) and I tried looking under the How-To section to find the write up on how to fix this. The links are broken. Any help?

What I am trying to find out is how hard/difficult this job would be? No lift, only jacks and jack stands. I am somewhat mechanical (just replaced my entire front suspension). I do know that it is laborious but I bought the car to give me something to do so I am not afraid of the amount time mainly difficulty. Thanks in advance!!

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Search again. I've got some post related to this over the last year. Pulling the IRS pumpkin on jack stands is a real pain in the ass if it is the rear cover. Other seals can probably be done in the car.

I'd suggest the Ford Racing cover unless you want to re do the work in 20,000 miles.

Black2010

Established Member
I wouldn't say it's hard but is diffidently labor intensive. You'll need a helper to get the IRS back in the car but I got mine out and apart by myself. I did the bushings as well for the whole rear. Was a full 3 day amount of work for me, most of which was getting the subframe bushings out...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Don't use the links in the how to section. Use the ones in the stickeys in the main sections. They've been redone. I guess I should move a copy into the how to section also.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I wouldn't say it's hard but is diffidently labor intensive. You'll need a helper to get the IRS back in the car but I got mine out and apart by myself. I did the bushings as well for the whole rear. Was a full 3 day amount of work for me, most of which was getting the subframe bushings out...

a helper is always nice, but is not necessary. i have had both my irs out and reinstalled by myself on the floor of my garage using only floor jacks and jack stands, using hand tools only.

Users who are viewing this thread