IRS Overhaul wtih FTBR kit!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Wouldnt the gear noise be due to bad pinion angle or not properly shimmed pinion/ring?

Not really. It's a well known side effect of going with solid mount bushings. Just Google "PVH & Full Tilt Boogie bushings" and you will see. The oem rubber bushings stopped the gear noise harmonics from reaching the chassis and cabin. Now with the solid mounts it all transfers right into the chassis and travels up the trans tunnel.

I have it too but it's not that bad. If I am in 6th gear at 50 it is loud. If I go to 4th gear at the same speen it is almost non existent since I lowered the load on the driveline by choosing a gear more appropriate for the speed.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I am replacing the carpet in the car in the spring so my plan is to dynamat the floor pan and add a thick acoustic pad on the floor where I can fit one. It is better now than it was the first 10 miles. But it's still present and very loud.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Yeah I was told to dynomat the area under the rear seat. If it is too loud add another sheet of dynomat over that 1st sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread