Is 03 Cobra reliable???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Absolutely not. My car has 16000 miles on it and I have went through 12 motors, 4 eatons, 4 transmissions, and have had the entire IRS assembly replaced twice.

Seriously though, it's just as reliable as any other 400hp factory car, if not more reliable. My car has been pulleyed AND sprayed for 7000 miles (obviously not sprayed ALL of that), and I literally have had ZERO problems, minus tires and the clutch.

v8pwr

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies! Its nice to hear that there are reliable Cobras out there. Let's hear more!

KVN03

The Darkside Rocks!
Established Member
16 months and 10,000 miles. I agree take care of it, get your tunes when modded and all is well.

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
I have an '03 vert. Love it. The only problem I've had is the passenger seat rubbing the door. There's a TSB on that.

'03/04 Cobras are like buildings. When one burns, it makes the news. The rest (the vast majority), you don't hear about. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

:beer:

Power Trip

Established Member
6300 miles here. I bought mine used the way it sits right now(mods in sig) with 3k miles. I drove it to niagra falls 2 weeks after buying it (1,000 miles all around) and didnt have a single issue. The car was like a dream and got some amazing MPG's. Still havent had any issues (knock on wood). I dont drive my car everyday, just on the weekends in the spring/summer and occasionally after work.

Like someone else said you only hear about the ones that have problems. If everyone that hasnt had a problem started threads this forum would be mobbed.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
22k miles here, minor issues that were fixed under warranty (passager window stuck, and tob chirp). I would buy again, just hope ford makes something with this kind of power/$ in the future.

Last edited:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
24k miles

No problems at all and daily driven(bought it Feb 2004 w/250 miles) and fifty plus track runs. My t/o bearing is making a noise now so it will go to the dealer tomorrow. Love this car and I will buy another if I had the money.

florida03

Banned
Had a serious cooling issue which forced 5 flatbeds to Ford, turned out to
be off all things a bad heater coil. Other then that and a few cosmetics thats it. Even with the mods Ford has worked with me up to now so I guess I shouldent bitch.
Do it!

PDubs

Established Member
Minor issues (creak, TOB squeal) fixed under warranty. Love the car.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Don't ask me. I'm in the minority. My OASIS report looks like a factory build sheet...for 2 Cobras. :nonono:

One positive note is that the motor is strong and holds up well to abuse.

umustdv8

Established Member
I have 19K miles and had the KB on since 4K miles. Only quality issue I had was the hood needed repainting under warranty. Other then this, it's been the best Stang out of 6 that I've owned.

Silver 03 Cobra

Took delivery on June '02, car no. 21 of all coupes built. Ran a 2.80 for a year and 20k miles and then added a four pound lower for another year running 18 psi and 20k more miles. At 40k installed a KB running 17 psi and the car just rolled over 43k miles. It's made over 150 passes down a track with most on ET Streets. The only problem was the TOB and TOB retainer.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
"DO IT, DO IT..." -BEN STILLER!!!!
red03dave said:
Put 63,000 2.7 pullied... 4.10 geared... HELLACIOUS miles on my last 03 with NO problems other than clutch, brakes and 40 sets of rear tires LMAO!! DO IT, DO IT....

Seriously for all the abuse we put these cars through and considering the power and torque they make, especially once modded..... probably the strongest and most reliable performance cars you can buy and for the matter probly the best Ford has ever made. IMHO of course.

Dave

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
03 cobra at about 4500 miles the lower crank pulley was faulty- rear differential was leaking- front brakes locked while driving=faulty master cylinder. I also had a brand new Z28 2500 miles with a bad transmission and a recall.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
I originally had quite a minor few problems out of mine (window squeak, steering linkage squeaking, blower belt squeaking, stuff like that...), the biggest being the broken TOB retainer and TOB itself. The second biggest problem was the stall, but Ford released a new flash for that problem.

Once those were fixed, I've had no problems whatsoever. They are tough machines...

Last edited:

ralphy1798

Established Member
16,000 miles, most of those with the mods in my sig. No Problems. Stock clutch, stock IRS, Stock Eaton, Stock stock stock... I am doing the 2.93" pulley and 100mm idler and tune this weekend. Should be a beast! and a reliable beast at that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread