Is 450 rwhp possible with stock pulley?

metaman

Established Member
I have had my car for over a year now. The only mods I have done are boost bypass, drop in K&N, and off road x. I have held off to watch what happend to others cars on these forums.

Well its going to be time to start the insanity here in the next 6 months when the cobra goes from daily driver to weekend fun car. Just for shits and giggles I want to see if I can get this thing to lay down 450 hp at the wheels, off the bottle with the stock pulley. I posed this question a year ago on modularfords.com, and the response back then was that it probably would not be possible. However with the mods that have come out since then I think it might. Here are the mods that I think it would take (without changing cams).

Kincade Killer Chiller
Precision Fab intercooler filled with ice
Stiegmier ported blower, TB, Plenum
Herman's Spacer for the blower
Cat Back
JLT CAI
Custom Dyno Tune
Brisk Plugs
Race Gas with extra Timming? Only if it is nessesary :)

Of course after I got done with these mods to see if I hit 450 rwhp I would probably go on to another goal instead. I just like the challenge of it.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Go with an 8lb lower and you'll still be running the stock upper. ;)

I think you'll fall short of 450rwhp. You'll definitely need a good x-pipe.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I Say yes .... depends on how strong your car is ... see my sig for mods and numbers ..

Crowley

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I had 436 rwhp with tune, steeda cai and stingers. So I think you could get 14 rwhp out of a ported blower, TB, plenum, intake spacer, and in case you still need it mid pipe and headers. I thought there was a guy with a ported blower stock pulley who laid down 460-470 rwhp.

whippleblown03

Established Member
i have the same mods. been holding out for a ported blower and a tune also. i dont really care about my dyno HP just would like to run flat 12.0 1/4 mile on stock pulley so i dont get ran off the track . i am sure just pulley and tune would do it but would like to keep the stock apperance with the eaton pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread