Is a 2.8 pulley OK?

no slow 88

Established Member
Im trying to tell my friend that a 2.8 pulley will not turn the supercharger to hard. If I'm not mistaking the 2.8 should be good for around 14 psi. Anyway I see alot of people run them an have no problems. So let me know what you guys think about this.

Eatonup

Established Member
It's better than ok it's great. I'm seeing about 14.5-14.7 PSI. If it's just his drive around town car then there's no worries. If he's using it for long highway trips then I would consider the 2.93.

Whiskey City

Established Member
Eatonup said:
It's better than ok it's great. I'm seeing about 14.5-14.7 PSI. If it's just his drive around town car then there's no worries. If he's using it for long highway trips then I would consider the 2.93.

I have to agree with the above. I have a 2.76 and it really puts the power down! :burnout:

I've taken my Cobra on two hyw trips, one 400-miles long and the second about 250-miles. Both trips I scored 24mpg. That's cruisin' at 80mph and not getting into the boost at all, very conservative driving. Not bad, eh?

If you just cruise around and don't get into it, you should get around 19mpg, I do. But, what's the fun in that?? Boost is good!

Users who are viewing this thread