Is a T-45 worth dumping money in?

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
I have a T-45 and thinking of upgrading the input shaft to the 26 spline. My car makes good torque (480ft lb) so I know the shaft is on borrowed time. Anyone done this? Is it worth it or should I just look for another stronger trans?

Be clear I'm not gonna buy a 3k trans or anything but just don't want to waste time or money.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
found this link

750 HP CUSTOM BUILT T45 TRANSMISSION

Reconditioned Tremec T45 Transmission.

Upgraded 26 Spline Input Shaft

Upgraded 3/4 Fork Assembly

1/2 and 3/4 Upgraded Key Ways

Carbon Fiber Synchros

H/D Throw Out Tube

$1590.00 exchanged*

Add Cryogenically Treated 3/4 Fork for just $30.00

THIS UNIT CAN NOW BE PROSHIFTED TO SHIFT OVER 7000 RPM!

Nitro Stang Racing

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
The T45 Source - Proven, reliable T45 Transmissions

I've done quite a bit of research myself about this and I've never ever read a bad thing about these guys. When my T-45 gives it up it's who ill be talking to. Good confidence booster to know yours has lived with 480 Ft. Lbs. is it showing any signs of wear with that much torque pumping through it?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
The T45 Source - Proven, reliable T45 Transmissions

I've done quite a bit of research myself about this and I've never ever read a bad thing about these guys. When my T-45 gives it up it's who ill be talking to. Good confidence booster to know yours has lived with 480 Ft. Lbs. is it showing any signs of wear with that much torque pumping through it?

That is THE place to use....period.

There is a 4.6 based car out in Texas running his T45 to 8,000 RPM and 9 second passes. 6.1@112 the other day in the 1/8....with a T45....

Users who are viewing this thread