Is a x-pipe needed with LT's?

Bootbox

Established Member
As far as I know just about everyone runs the xpipe, they're just not mentioning it.

They're built into both magnaflow based systems right after the midpipes (the actual magnflow branded one and the JDM silverbullet) and there's an x in the bassani system in the same place too.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Bootbox said:
As far as I know just about everyone runs the xpipe, they're just not mentioning it.

They're built into both magnaflow based systems right after the midpipes (the actual magnflow branded one and the JDM silverbullet) and there's an x in the bassani system in the same place too.
and the dynatechs

ducman996

Established Member
When I was "re-creating the wheel" making my custom cat back system I tried it with no x-pipe or crossover of any kind (like a silver bullet system w/o the x-pipe) and it sounded like poo. I absolutely hated the way it sounded at WOT, like an old PaPa farm truck. I added the x-pipe and it sounded perfect, mpre racey like it was revving twice as high. I'm pretty sure that LT's in a system with no H or X pipe will sound bad too. Like was said abobe, every cat back system has an x-pipe or some sort of crossover built in to the muffler or in front of 2 single in/out mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread