Is all this really needed??

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I think it depends if you need it. Also how many miles ur diff has on it. I hve 4.10s waiting to go into my cobra diff which only has alittle over 8,000 miles on it so i am not buying the track lock kit

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
34k miles, but I am not the original owner. the previous owner also put a roll cage in the car so Im not sure how the car was driven before.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
If i were in your spot, Id do it. Could save ya from having to open it up later on again. And plus it will be ready to go for racing

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Definately want to get the clutch upgrade for the diff. Stock setup doesnt lock well at all after a bit of abuse.

bwahl602

Established Member
wrong guys... thats not what you need

the trac-loc is not what chevys use... thats been fords LS for years... chevys have had the gov-loc

you need this kit: you need the new carrier bearings and specifically, the pinion bearings and crush sleeve..
Rear End Installation Kit (8.8in) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

forget the clutch rebuild kit... that can be done at anytime and ur miles seem low so probably not necessary...

i wouldnt touch the trac loc... when it needs clutches, spend the money on a 31 spline unit and upgrade the axles...

regardless, you need the new bearings as well as the shims for new gears

bill

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
you need this kit: you need the new carrier bearings and specifically, the pinion bearings and crush sleeve..
Rear End Installation Kit (8.8in) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

regardless, you need the new bearings as well as the shims for new gears

bill

This.

I just did the same swap on my Cobra diff when I went to 4.10s. It has the same amount of miles as your diff. You do not need to mess with the clutches right now. AM has a great price on that kit ...Lethal is selling it for $95 :nonono:. IMO, Bill's response is spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread