Is an auto 5.0 any slower than a manual 5.0 from a roll?

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I like the Formula 1 site myself...I think this is great.

Reference this link at formula 1's website.

Let the hate begin, I don't care people drive autos, I just don't get people who drive autos and act like they are some kind of amazing driver. "woo I just ran X.XX second 1/4 mile!" No you didn't, the car did, you played no part it in but added weight and pushing the gas pedal to the floor the entire run. The car is amazing, you as a driver, untested.

Well the drag race industry doesn't agree, which as stated before is a very small percentage of car racing, I'll always be more amazed at a run made in a manual than a run in an auto. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate what the auto can do, just that it is what the car is capable of, not you as a driver.

Oh and for all the hate on the MT82, it isn't like your Auto is perfect either, people are still trading them out for GM trans because the ford auto lacks features/gearing that the GM trans have :D.

Ignorance is bliss! So "You're" interpretation of being a good driver is shifting a gear box? Why is that? One could argue steering the car takes more skill if it was really one singular skill that made a good driver. There are MANY aspects to being a good driver and rowing through a slushbox is only one talent.
Who besides Evolution traded out an auto??? Terry Reeves 8 second car sure didn't. Its funny how people with a narrow minded point of view try and call out others for theirs!!!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I don't care what anyone says. It takes more skill to run a manual car than an auto.... obviously. You're right about one thing- ignorance is bliss

Now all the manual haters are gonna say "an 8 second auto is NOT easier than driving a 13 second manual" Don't waste ur time with a dumb*** statement like that, I obviously mean similar cars.

BTW: steering? Lmfao. Really? U know manual cars have steering wheels too, right? And usually we're doing it with one hand ;-)

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I don't care what anyone says. It takes more skill to run a manual car than an auto.... obviously. You're right about one thing- ignorance is bliss

Now all the manual haters are gonna say "an 8 second auto is NOT easier than driving a 13 second manual" Don't waste ur time with a dumb*** statement like that, I obviously mean similar cars.

BTW: steering? Lmfao. Really? U know manual cars have steering wheels too, right? And usually we're doing it with one hand ;-)

+1. Auto people get more butthurt about being called skilless than honda people do when asked what brand inch/lb torque wrench they use to measure the torque on their cars. :D.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
+1. Auto people get more butthurt about being called skilless than honda people do when asked what brand inch/lb torque wrench they use to measure the torque on their cars. :D.

Have you driven a stalled 6r80? Its just as fun as a stick and I have zero worries about some Chinese pos

I'd put my 3c auto against any identically modded 6m from a dig on the street...please

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Have you driven a stalled 6r80? Its just as fun as a stick and I have zero worries about some Chinese pos

I'd put my 3c auto against any identically modded 6m from a dig on the street...please

How about we get two identical stock 100% manual cars of your choice, whatever brand since you obviously would whine like a little girl about the MT82, and you can race me then. I bet you get your ass handed too you.

Then we can take two identical auto cars and race and I bet we go neck and neck every run.

Then tell me which car takes skill to drive...

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
have you driven a stalled 6r80? Its just as fun as a stick and i have zero worries about some chinese pos

i'd put my 3c auto against any identically modded 6m from a dig on the street...please

are u catching on that we're not saying manual is faster??????

That was in all caps. Btw. Lol

Yellow03snake

Established Member
How about we get two identical stock 100% manual cars of your choice, whatever brand since you obviously would whine like a little girl about the MT82, and you can race me then. I bet you get your ass handed too you.

Then we can take two identical auto cars and race and I bet we go neck and neck every run.

Fine..

This is my first factory auto mustang ever....from 427+ ci n20 foxes in the early 2000s to my 600 rwhp 03 cobra...both sticks

I'll be fine, I want what works at this point... you'll get it one day

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member

So what your saying your car is inferior to an auto? Where is all this talk coming from that guys that drive autos can't drive manuals, get over yourself bro your not gods gift when it comes to driving a car.....if I would have to guess your some immature high school kid that signed up on SVT because your on summer break.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
So what your saying your car is inferior to an auto? Where is all this talk coming from that guys that drive autos can't drive manuals, get over yourself bro your not gods gift when it comes to driving a car.....if I would have to guess your some immature high school kid that signed up on SVT because your on summer break.

Are u guys missing the point, or ignoring the point. The point is "It DEF takes less skill to drive 10.5 in an auto than 11.0 in a manual." The only reason manual guys are fighting backis because all tthese auto guys going high 10's in their paxtoned auto stangs think they're soooo great. You push a pedal and steer. Big deal. "Get over yourselves"

Yellow03snake

Established Member

Bingo!

I'd gladly run the clown stock vs stock stick vs stick...anytime any place and cincy isn't too far..

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Are u guys missing the point, or ignoring the point. The point is "It DEF takes less skill to drive 10.5 in an auto than 11.0 in a manual." The only reason manual guys are fighting backis because all tthese auto guys going high 10's in their paxtoned auto stangs think they're soooo great. You push a pedal and steer. Big deal. "Get over yourselves"

Clearly you have never driven a10 sec car in either form...sheesh people are ignorant

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
You have no clue what you're talking about. Grow up

Tell me, you honestly think it takes even close to as much skill? Seriously answer that.

Last edited:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
You have no clue what you're talking about. Grow up

Tell me, you honestly think it takes even close to as much skill? Seriously answer that.

It doesn't, its easier to win races...lots of them, which is a skill in its self.

Driver error eliminates another variable in street racing....which is overrun by excuses.

It basically boils down to winning and losing if you've been around long enough....no one liketo lose

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
We're not saying manual is faster... we're saying its not boring to drive. You're arguing the "faster" thing, when we're talking about the "boring" thing. That's called deflecting. Its not working. We are all catching on. You might as well stop.

01GTB

Established Member
The subject of this thread had nothing to do with if an automatic is boring, or whether MT82 drivers have bigger e-peens.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member

It was sarcasm genius, steering the car is the single most important yet simplistic skill set. And you missed the whole point! You guys are making simple minded statements about driving a M6 because its what you like to do, its your biased opinion! You act like the guys driving autos only ever have driven an auto!:nonono:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
We're not saying manual is faster... we're saying its not boring to drive. You're arguing the "faster" thing, when we're talking about the "boring" thing. That's called deflecting. Its not working. We are all catching on. You might as well stop.

Um Op posted " is the auto slower than the m6"

There's NOTHING boring about a 10 sec auto...enjoy that Chinese trans and your rental car when it goes out, repeat

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member

Great example of your ego and being biased instead of having an intellectual discussion. You don't even know that guy, he may have driven ARCA, etc. his whole life and just bought an auto. Would be funny to watch him hand you your ass. Especially when he rolls intot he throttle on an auto and you just smash the gas and spin! :nonono: Simple minded!

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member

^ This! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread