Is Anyone Runnig Ported Heads?

cobraRcraig

Established Member
Just curious to see what kind of power they make. thought it would be interesting to see who had the tick and no warranty, so they built and ported thier heads.:read:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm just installing mine now, with the blower cams and KB and headers. Hopefully have more data for everyone after this weekend. Had it all together and running, then after one hour of running time shut it off and then it just spun and had 50 lbs compression on all cylinders. Pretty sure the lifters weren't bled down all the way and is holding valves open or a timing mark is off. Anyway, motor is all but out right now. When it was running, oh man was it sweet. A little lopey on iidle and just sounded like it was breathing really good. Back to the drawing board for now, it'll be a busy weekend.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
anyone else?

hey jrs blown snake, you're sig is a little much... do you think its necessary to tell people you have arp studs, bolts, ss inserts, your guages, belt, etc. i'm not trying to flame, but it won't be long before dan (moderator 03DOHC) tells you to shorten it. good luck on the project, sounds like its going to be a beast when its done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread