is ATI not as good????

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
During my vast research for the best S/C for my 88 LX 5.0, I have come to the conclusion that the ATI procharger P1SC is the way I want to go. But then I second guessed myself and started checking out other ppls mods. Almost every foxbody with a S/C is using a paxton, powerdyne, or vortech. I see a considerable difference in price whereas the Procharger is more expensive, but is this the only reason noone uses it in fox body mustangs? Or is there something I do not know about that makes the Procharger not as good??? I would appreciate any help on this issue. I would hate to buy a $4500 Procharger only to find out I should have bought the cheaper other. THANK YOU and sorry bout the long post.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The neat think about procharger is that it comes STANDARD with a huge air-air intercooler. most other fox-body kits do not.

wait, 4500 bucks??? wtf? I paid 3500 for the kit for my 99 cobra!! where are you looking? it should be plenty cheaper for a fox 5.0.

www.the-power-source.com get a procharger. its worth it.

-Homer

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
badass.....thank you for the info and the site......i was getting butt-f---ed by the middle man on price.

mbanks21

Established Member
Hey I dont know how cheap superchargers4less or thepowersource have them for but,...I know I can get P600B for around $3200, the P1SC for around $3400, the 14-20 psi P1SC for around $3500, and the Stage 2 15-25 psi D1 for around $3800. I always thought the Prochargers were the most used because they do come intercooled for less money than most other SC units.

mbanks21

Established Member
Are those good prices???? Those are for the 88 5.0 , Id hve to check for other year and engine. Youll have to go through me though cause I got a partner in Cali that has a hookup at truckperformance. Email me if youre interested, Id rather not do this on a thread so I dont get kicked outta here for trying to sell stuff. [email protected]

IZBLOWN

I called Superchargers4less for a procharger for my brothers mustang, the p600b version was like $3035 and so was the paxton kit, + shipping costs which was like $52. It was the cheapest i found.

Anthony

mbanks21

Established Member
I can get the P600B for $3050 shipped Vanride:) I dont mess around with these superchargeronlineforless dummies

Users who are viewing this thread