Is Empire Strikes Back the best direct sequel ever made?

mariusvt

Established Member
Wrath of Kahn was good, but the first trek movie was not great so the series only had up to go from there. Except for V, the final frontier, that was a steaming turd.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
While I agree with most of what Ive see so far I would like to add "The Thing" 2011 even though its technically a prequel. Near perfect detail wise but it still cant touch Aliens which is lined up 100%.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Not sure if serious.

Definitely the best of the three.

Unfortunately very ****ing serious. There were 3?! Went through two VHS of the first, I believe I may have been lied to my whole life.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Empire strikes back is still my favorite, mostly because Darth Vader is a badass.

The original Alien is the best and always will be.

Dark knight is definitely better than the first one.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately very ****ing serious. There were 3?! Went through two VHS of the first, I believe I may have been lied to my whole life.

Holy Cowabunga man…

Lied to is an understatement.

First one is good, probably a little “darker” than 2 and 3, but number two is my personal favorite.

Third one is still solid, and very quotable. I drop ninja turtle quotes far more often than I should…

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
VI is the best of the original series.
The Undiscovered Country (which was at one point was the title of II) is solid and rightfully so since Meyer also directed it but VI still falls behind II and III. IMO Khan, Spock and U.C. would be THE appropriate trilogy rather than how II, III and IV are viewed.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Terminator 2 is the best sequel ever, PERIOD.

GTFO with that Star wars/Star trek crap

tenor.gif

blubyu87gt

Established Member
For me it’s Debbie Does Dallas 2.

While the original offered much on the best of the 70s cinematic and production values, part 2 brought the 80s in right and really set the stage for the decade to come.

Oh, and Aliens is an awesome movie, for sure. It doesn’t hold a candle to the original though. With the whole queen, easily killed unless swarmed, and less horror more action…. I just don’t think it lives up to the original.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread